New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    I have a '06 Hyundai Matrix 1.5 Crdi. It was unfortunately subjected to the wrath of "Ondoy" last Sept.(underwater for 2 days) I was able to get it running from November till the beginning of April , after several (non-casa) repairs. Now the problem is if i go at around 34-38kph or push a bit heavily on the accelarator the engine cuts out. I can start it up again but it will always shut down with the same circumstances. Is this an EGR valve problem? Hope you guys can help.

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by chekovsky View Post
    I have a '06 Hyundai Matrix 1.5 Crdi. It was unfortunately subjected to the wrath of "Ondoy" last Sept.(underwater for 2 days) I was able to get it running from November till the beginning of April , after several (non-casa) repairs. Now the problem is if i go at around 34-38kph or push a bit heavily on the accelarator the engine cuts out. I can start it up again but it will always shut down with the same circumstances. Is this an EGR valve problem? Hope you guys can help.

Thanks
    Sounds more like a pump or filter problem. Not enough pressure, and the ECU shuts down to protect the engine. Did you replace the fuel filter after Ondoy?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006

Thanks
    Three things that can be causing your engine to shut down:

1. Fuel starvation
    2. Air starvation
    3. ECU won't trigger the CR pump or injectors to deliver fuel

A faulty EGR, compounded by other problems in the engine's air intake system can cause a shut down.

I suggest doing a scan. This could pinpoint the problem.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Hi, thanks for your replies. Yes , I had fuel filter replaced.

My Matrix is now in Hyundai Global City. The service adviser said that they could not communicate with the ECU. I'm just hoping they fix the problem.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Hi, thanks for your replies. Yes , I had fuel filter replaced.

My Matrix is now in Hyundai Global City. The service adviser said that they could not communicate with the ECU. I'm just hoping they fix the problem.
    if the ecu lost communication your car will never start but that's not your case. it's probably a busted DLC fuse (commonly shared with the cigar lighter in most cars).

6. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    I just got the quotation for parts needed to replace in my 06 Hyundai Matrix Crdi (from Hyundai Global City), It comes out at P186,000. I need to replace the Rail Pressure Reg. Valve, Vaccuum Pump assmbly, High Pressure Pump, Swirl Actuator, A/c switch and Cluster Assembly. This is what i need if i want to get the matrix back to normal.

I highly recommend The Hyundai Global City Service Center, they did a great job getting my car running, even if it is not 100% normal yet at least i am able to use it around town ( they recommend not bringing it to long trips out). They solved it by disconnecting the Crdi. I cannot exceed 3000 rpms though.
    If you need service call Mon at Hyundai Global

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    I just got the quotation for parts needed to replace in my 06 Hyundai Matrix Crdi (from Hyundai Global City), It comes out at P186,000. I need to replace the Rail Pressure Reg. Valve, Vaccuum Pump assmbly, High Pressure Pump, Swirl Actuator, A/c switch and Cluster Assembly. This is what i need if i want to get the matrix back to normal.

I highly recommend The Hyundai Global City Service Center, they did a great job getting my car running, even if it is not 100% normal yet at least i am able to use it around town ( they recommend not bringing it to long trips out). They solved it by disconnecting the Crdi. I cannot exceed 3000 rpms though.
    If you need service call Mon at Hyundai Global
    This is a very expensive repair. Please explain what you mean by "They solved it by disconnecting the Crdi."

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sounds to me they did not fully fixed ur car and yet u paid that huge amount? tama ba pagka intindi ko?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Mahal. Dapat binenta mo nalang yung Matrix mo sa flooded price then buy a different car.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    did not spend 186k , 800 pesos lang...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast