New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Hi fellow tsikoteers, i have a 2009 hyundai getz, now this specific car of mine has come accross a myriad or problems, the most recent having difficulty when starting the car, at first I thought it was the type of battery i bought (brand:3K) so I went back to the shop i bought it from and had it recharged, 3 days later the battery completely drained again, so I had it checked, again, another mechanic said that the problem is the IC of the alternator, so my question is, if the IC is having an issue, what is tje best course of action? Have the IC replaced or the whole alternator? . And 2nd question is, I dont have much experience in regard to shopping for an alternator, a shop is selling me one brand new for P10800, wud u consider that a fair price or am I being ripped off?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Ang i.c. pwede pa mapalitan ng bago at ok uli yan. No need to get a new alternator in my experience. Punta ka sa yock's elecrtrical shop along edsa near crame at kayang kaya nila yan ayusin. Just google them for their contact nos. And exact location

to be or not to be, that always confuses me!

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Hi, thanks sa reply, unfortunately im not in that area, im from Bacolod so my only options are either casa or auto shops, cheapest brand new I could canvass so far was 10,800 Im wondering if thats a good enough price for an alternator?

On a side note, Im planning to buy one of those BOSCO jump start power bank from Robinsons Handyman, costs P5500, anybody ever tried using this? any feedback? bad or good?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossmonkee View Post
    Hi, thanks sa reply, unfortunately im not in that area, im from Bacolod so my only options are either casa or auto shops, cheapest brand new I could canvass so far was 10,800 Im wondering if thats a good enough price for an alternator?

On a side note, Im planning to buy one of those BOSCO jump start power bank from Robinsons Handyman, costs P5500, anybody ever tried using this? any feedback? bad or good?
    ipagawa mo muna ung alternator or kung ano sira ng tsikot mo.bago ka bumili ng jump start na yan.ung 3k na brand ng batt ok naman yan naka bili ako dati inabot din ng 3years sa akin..

5. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossmonkee View Post
    Hi fellow tsikoteers, i have a 2009 hyundai getz, now this specific car of mine has come accross a myriad or problems, the most recent having difficulty when starting the car, at first I thought it was the type of battery i bought (brand:3K) so I went back to the shop i bought it from and had it recharged, 3 days later the battery completely drained again, so I had it checked, again, another mechanic said that the problem is the IC of the alternator, so my question is, if the IC is having an issue, what is tje best course of action? Have the IC replaced or the whole alternator? . And 2nd question is, I dont have much experience in regard to shopping for an alternator, a shop is selling me one brand new for P10800, wud u consider that a fair price or am I being ripped off?
    kung may charging problem, dapat umilaw yong RED BATTERY icon sa instrument panel... pag wala, parasitic load yan, google mo youtube pano hanapin ang parasitic load

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigg ma View Post
    kung may charging problem, dapat umilaw yong RED BATTERY icon sa instrument panel... pag wala, parasitic load yan, google mo youtube pano hanapin ang parasitic load
    Na pa check ko na po, they noticed the charge output from the alternator only goes around mga 9-10, and they say dapat at least 13-14, when I turn on the key the battery light appears but dissappears after I turn on the car, they already told me na alternator ang issue, one shop is selling me one brand new for P10800 only, so im wondering if ok yan na price for an alternator?jj
    Last edited by Bossmonkee; January 22nd, 2017 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Me

Hyundai getz Alternator problem?  Or battery problem