New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Where can i have my hla checked? Either for cleaning or replacement ive read somewhere that they can be adjusted with proper tools please recommend a shop that has the know how and precision to do this kind of job.. I use to go to forcedspeed in kalayaan but they moved and dont know where to find them,

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rxbandits View Post
    Where can i have my hla checked? Either for cleaning or replacement ive read somewhere that they can be adjusted with proper tools please recommend a shop that has the know how and precision to do this kind of job.. I use to go to forcedspeed in kalayaan but they moved and dont know where to find them,

rxbandits,
    i'm sorry to hear that somebody told you that the hydraulic lash adjusters are adjustable. as the name implies, hydraulic lash adjuster, it is your engine oil does the adjustments. duh!. if the small orifices are clogged from improper oil usage, prolonged interval between oil changes, overcooled engines, you can disassemble each one of the hla carefully one at a time and not interchange small parts and clean them in mineral spirit and reassemble very carefully. bleed the hlas while submerged in light oil. atf does a good job at this or hydraulic oil or light engine oil. extreme care and cleanliness is a must doing this. otherwise, if they are worn out, you have no other recourse but to replace them with new ones
    jick

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    thanks for the sound advice however i will have to leave this procedure to the pro's as my technical know how and tools might not be enough to do the job.,but i'll be sure to let them know of the precautions., i am trying to find a decent shop to do this near cubao area

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    what problem with your car you're experiencing? parang wala naman yata problem or parang you want cleaning lang. hindi na cguro kailangan, regular oil change lang ay ok na.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    well it's the infamous tapping sound i've changed the oil to semi synthetic and still gives me the annoying tap

anyone knows a shop around cubao that can do this?

Hydraulic lash adjuster