New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Hi Guys,

I'am driving my 08' Fortuner G in the hills of Baguio City and napapansin ko na medyo humihina na ang power niya paakyat. Kailangan mo talaga tapakan ang accelerator and/or shift to lower gears. Regular naman ang basic maintenance like oil change, tune up kada long trip including tyre pressure.

I've been searching around to get some relevant information and usually na lumalabas na information is low boost on turbo, fuel to air ration incorrect, madumi turbocharger. Now, I admit na hindi ko masyadong napapansin to dahil sa basic maintenance nga lang ginagawa ko but I'll make sure to include this one on my next visit sa mga repair shop.

Now, may nakita akong repair shop that specializes on diesel engine calibration. Sa shop na yun ay may ini-endorse silang product na kung tawagin ay Uphill Enchancer (pic attached). Nakaka restore/enhance daw siya ng power sa mga Toyota Engines like D4D, 1GD and alike. Maning mani na daw ang paakyat kahit naka 3rd gear ka pa hehehe. May question is, is this legit? kung legit man, may epekto kaya eto sa makina?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 89850231_3326831253997822_682993829783011328_n.jpg   89997071_3326831163997831_6145880411374354432_n.jpg   91184915_3356294957718118_1275332891496153088_n.jpg   91212656_3356295004384780_4117420172686393344_n.jpg  

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Could be some kind of Diesel/Race/Q Chip variant. Not familiar with that brand though. Either look for the ones I mentioned or other piggybacks like UniChip or go for a full ECU reflash na lang.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Try cleaning EGR and your INTERCOOLER. If still hard going up the hills, intake valve cleaning. Typically, a normal tuneup won't touch these things.

Replace air filter (if u have not replaced it)

The uphill booster/enhancer just bypasses your ECU and dumps more fuel at select rpms to add power. Preferrably, don't install that, you might get a check engine light if the engine does not like what it does eventually.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I would focus on your 2nd paragraph instead of the 3rd one.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    agree with Yatta and istan, diesel chips do more harm than good.

cleaning the air intake line, intake manifold and EGR are the quick and easy fix.

installing a throttle controller (although no extra added power) will also help in bringing back the quickness in accelerating, helpful in uphills and overtaking.

for the ultimate remedy if you want more power and torque, go for a ECU reflash or remapping.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by AmfufuTM View Post
    Hi Guys,

I'am driving my 08' Fortuner G in the hills of Baguio City and napapansin ko na medyo humihina na ang power niya paakyat. Kailangan mo talaga tapakan ang accelerator and/or shift to lower gears. Regular naman ang basic maintenance like oil change, tune up kada long trip including tyre pressure.

I've been searching around to get some relevant information and usually na lumalabas na information is low boost on turbo, fuel to air ration incorrect, madumi turbocharger. Now, I admit na hindi ko masyadong napapansin to dahil sa basic maintenance nga lang ginagawa ko but I'll make sure to include this one on my next visit sa mga repair shop.

Now, may nakita akong repair shop that specializes on diesel engine calibration. Sa shop na yun ay may ini-endorse silang product na kung tawagin ay Uphill Enchancer (pic attached). Nakaka restore/enhance daw siya ng power sa mga Toyota Engines like D4D, 1GD and alike. Maning mani na daw ang paakyat kahit naka 3rd gear ka pa hehehe. May question is, is this legit? kung legit man, may epekto kaya eto sa makina?
    during your regular casa visit, are these included?
    - air filter change
    - fuel filter change

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by AmfufuTM View Post

if your fort didn't need it before, why should it need it now?
    my thoughts are, there's something wrong with your vehicle. fixing it right, instead of resorting to add-ons, is the correct way to go.

what's the problem? are you getting enough rpm, but no pull?
    or, are you not getting enough rpm, hence the low pulling power?

errr...
    how's the transmission, po? sliipping clutch discs..?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Hi Yatta / istan / monty_GTV,

Thank you very much for that helpful information. I'll definitely do that and will post feedback later on.

Hi Gumusut_Amige,

We already replaced the air filter but not really sure for the fuel filter, will definitely replace the fuel filter later on and will post feedback. Thank you.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Your car is 12 years old...

Thanks to our local traffic... Baka di ka pa umaabot ng 100k kms... Pero yung running time mo for sure umabot na.

Clutch (clutch pack if A/T), fuel injection nozzle, cylinder compression.

Cars loose power over a period of time... kahit anong maintenance pa gawin mo.

It's part of ageing...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Are you sure its loosing power? Sometimes we get too much accustomed to the car that we feel its loosing power...

I have a mitsubishi adventure with a dinosaur engine.. if i drive it say for a week and next week i will use the fortuner.. yeah power is there...

As long as the engine responds to the press of your throttle then its no problem.. also try changing your fuel brand.. try those fancy turbo power fuels

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast