New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    No flush, no additives for me. Just 100% pure, natural lovin'.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I use engine flush every 10-15K km. The smallest can lang before draining para matanggal ang deposits and grime. Diesel kasi kelangan minsan ng laxative eh. hehehe.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It's cheaper to just change the oil and oil filter as is.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    change oil every 6 months (di kasi ako umaabot ng 5,000 kms.)
    i use Castrol CRD
    plus PET (Permanent Engine Treatment) once a year.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm trying CAltex Power FLushiong oil right now in my pick-up... It worked quite good in terms of removing the black deposits IMO as usually when i dont flush, my new oil is black again after less than a week. When i tried it, my oil didnt blacken that quickly from the leftover deposits. I still change every 5000km and i probably will only try flushing the engine every 20,000km.

As for additives, nill. The engine flushes that do some damage to the seals due to their strong composition are the "5 minute" flushes according to a Nissan mechanic.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    2 cans caltex power flush every 10k.
    no additives
    then hav energy

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Flushing should be seen in the right perspective. Caltex power flush is oil based while products like the Whiz motor flush is petroleum solvent based. Petroleum solvent based products have better cleaning power than oil based products. They do not harm seals and other engine parts.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Motor Oil is basically 98% base oil (either synthetic or mineral or combination) plus 2% additives. Additive content vary from oil to oil. Over time depending on driving style, road conditions, etc. additive content dwindles, Manila driving is considered severe condition (stop and go, traffic, high pollution, etc.). If you buy a so-so oil, additives are very helpful. If you have the tendency to extend periodic maintenance like jeepneys, trucks, taxis, then it is important.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    no additives, no oil flush.

additives are just an added expense. worse, they can ruin your engine. lalo na yang mga motor-up o pet na yan pag naglagay ka nyan mapapansin mo biglang baba ng mileage mo. i already destroyed 2 engines using pet, i will not use it again.

engine flush? i'd rather drop the oil pan and do a manual clean than wear down the piston rings, cylinders and bearing when you use that sh!t.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    every 5k ako nagpachange oil. Recomended yun ng casa.
    Question: hanggang kelan ba pwede tumigil magpa PMS sa casa? kasi parang mas reliable ang casa pag nag pms kesa sa mekaniko. Since alam nila ang mga gagawin every 5k checkup. Watchuthink?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
how often should you engine flush and add additives??