New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Greetings sirs!
    Noob here. Sorry if this was posted before but I've been browsing this site and found nothing similar with my situation.
    I just got (or shall I say ripped off) a toyota townace about a month ago and since then it has given me nothing but headaches because it always have something broken. I wanted to have something fixed but then the mechanic would find another thing that must be either fixed or replaced.
    To cut the story short, I need to replace its engine which is 2C and I learned that many people call this as a disposable engine. I wanted to have the engine over hauled thinking that this might be cheaper than replacing the engine with a new one but when we sent the cylinder head to the machine shop to have it fixed, they refused it and said that there is no more hope for it and that they can accept it and try to fix it but since the damage was unfixable, they don't want to be embarrassed with their customers.
    My inquiries are:
    1. How much would be the total cost for a diesel engine (M/T) replacement?
    2. What engine would you recommend me since my father does not want another 2C engine?
    3. Any specific shop in Banawe, Evengelista or anywhere that would be cheap but reliable that you can recommend?

My apologies also for the long post but this is my 1st ever car and I already spent a lot the past month just to have it running but I found no luck until now.
    Any insights or advise would be highly appreciated and thank you all very much in advance!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Ayaw mo gasoline ? Kasya 4AGE diyan.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Ayaw mo gasoline ? Kasya 4AGE diyan.
    Thanx sir Renzo_d10 sa reply! Saan kaya ako makakakita nyang 4AGE na makakamura ako at pulido pa ang makina at mounting at mga magkano po kaya magagastos ko?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Hi Noob,
    There are 2 kinds of 2C engines, Japan and Korea. The Japan 2C has better metallurgy and is a good solid engine. The most probably reason why your 2C engine was rejected at the machine shop is because it already has a crack in the engine block. Someone must have overheated it badly before. You can get a surplus engine in Banaue but you need to have a good mechanic to look at it to make sure that the compression is still good. Most likely you will have to calibrate the injection pump also, plus minor repairs. You will most likely spend 50 to 60K to replace the engine with a relatively fresh surplus engine, calibration, minor repairs and installation, but keeping the existing transmission. If you are interested, give me a call 502 9683. Chips G.

How Much Would it Cost Me to Replace a Diesel Engine?