New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    im was able to achieve 6km/liter (from 5) city driving and 9km/l highway with a busted knock sensor. only mod is a HKS drop in filter. but i do need to have my knock sensor replaced soon.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    5 km/l is just right.

And everything theveed said is essentially correct. Like I said in the other thread, MAF sensor cleaning is your best bet.

Oh, another thing... tire pressures. Try keeping your pressures maybe 1-2 psi above recommended.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I think 5km/l is a bit high since my brother in law does at least 6km/l, same model. Tire pressure is at 32psi. Ok na ba ito o dapat dagdagan? Will be bringing the car to Speedyfix for repair of starter today so sabay na rin cleaning of MAF and change spark plugs if needed.

As for changing the car, I thought about it but since resale value of my car is very low, I don't think its worth it. It will be a serious down grade and since I can only afford 2nd hand I won't know its history and might have to spend on repairs. I already spent a lot on repairs with this car so might as well use it. Of course if I can restore consumption to what it used to be, then I'll save some money.

I'm planning to convert this car to run on LPG. Ang quote ng NAIADSS ay 31,000. Pag ganito, kahit malakas sa gas eh mura naman yung LPG. Kung baga, luxury car with cost per km na halos katumbas ng 1.6 or kung swerte even lower.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    i think 32psi is just about right. fill it up with nitrogen too. good thing about the a32 is the suspension. despite the high psi, ride is still great. you can also try motul h100 on your next change oil.it just might help. anyway the a32's spark plugs can last up to 100k kms.

btw please post the results of the maf sensor cleaning if there's an improvement.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    btw please post the results of the maf sensor cleaning if there's an improvement.
    will do. car still in shop and won't get it until sat, kasi coding ngayon.

Ok lang ba if I use ordinary spark plugs and change every 10,000 kms instead of using OEM plugs, mahal kasi. Will there be a difference in performance and fuel consumption?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pano linisin ang MAF??? anong pang linis?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Money-Saving Fuel Tips

Drive smoothly – Aggressive driving can use as much as a third more fuel than safe driving. Avoid accelerating or braking too hard and try to keep your steering as smooth as possible.

Use higher gears – The higher gear you drive in, the lower your engine speed is, which can improve fuel efficiency. So change a gear whenever you can, without stressing the engine.

Tune and service your engine – A well-tuned engine can improve fuel economy by up to 4%, so change your oil and follow your car manufacturer’s recommendation on servicing.

Keep your tires at the right pressure – Correctly inflated tires are safer and last longer. A tire that is under inflated by just 1 psi can reduce fuel efficiency by as much as 3%. An under inflated tire is also more susceptible to failing.

Avoid carrying excess weight – For every extra 45 kilos you carry, your fuel efficiency can drop by 1-2%. So keep your trunk or back seat clear of unnecessary items that just add weight to your vehicle.

Keep the windows closed – Wind blowing through an open window will slow you down. To compensate, you may put your foot down harder, using more fuel.

Take the roof rack off – If you’re not using your roof rack then remove it. They affect the aerodynamic efficiency of your vehicle and create drag, reducing fuel economy by as much as 5%.

Use the correct oil – Always use the recommended grade of motor oil. Using the manufacturer’s recommended lubricant can improve fuel efficiency by 1-2%. Higher quality motor oils can also help your engine operate more efficiency.

Use cruise control – Using cruise control on major roads helps you maintain a constant speed and, in many cases, will improve fuel consumption.

Avoid excess idling – Idling gets you nowhere but still burns fuel. Turn the engine off when you’re in a line, or waiting for someone, until you need it.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    fully synthetic oil
    cool temp
    balance tire pressure

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly
    will do. car still in shop and won't get it until sat, kasi coding ngayon.

Ok lang ba if I use ordinary spark plugs and change every 10,000 kms instead of using OEM plugs, mahal kasi. Will there be a difference in performance and fuel consumption?
    im not sure about the fuel consumption but think about this: oem platinum plugs last up to 100k kms. do the math and i think you'll be saving more time and money in the long run. replacing the plugs is not as easy as a 4 cylinder engine.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    I try my right foot to be light on the gas pedal as possible, and try to accelerate as gradual as I can, I also tend to have a light foot on the brakes, trying to avoid slamming them as possible, I quickly shift from one gear to another but not quick enough to overgear and lug the engine...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
how to improve fuel consumption