New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Please share kung ano ang ginawa ninyo sa inyong vehicle to pass the emissions test which is a part of the process before you can renew your car's annual registration (be it gasoline or diesel) to help others pass theirs. Mga mods, please delete or merge if meron ng similar thread.

I'll start:
    My vehicle: Starex grx 2007 crdi (non-vgt)
    Odometer reading: 69,990+ km.

1. Changed air filter mga 1 week prior to the test.
    2. No change oil yet. My engine oil has run almost 5k km already. Been using delo gold ultra and bosch oil filters for the last 15,000 km.
    3. Been using PTT diesel fuel for the past 6 months (me price discount ako kasi and it has 1% or 2%(?) biodiesel formulation, not sure). Once in awhile sa petron and caltex kung emergency, pero very seldom.
    4. No water hose treatment on the exhaust tail pipe since my rig has a catalytic converter.

My passing score taken yesterday: 0.35 (CMIIW, the passing mark for turbocharged diesels is anything below 2.0).
    Last year, it was 1.7 (odometer: 54,000+ km) before I began using the items in paragraphs 2 & 3.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by lolo pepe View Post
    Please share kung ano ang ginawa ninyo sa inyong vehicle to pass the emissions test which is a part of the process before you can renew your car's annual registration (be it gasoline or diesel) to help others pass theirs. Mga mods, please delete or merge if meron ng similar thread.

I'll start:
    My vehicle: Starex grx 2007 crdi (non-vgt)
    Odometer reading: 69,990+ km.

1. Changed air filter mga 1 week prior to the test.
    2. No change oil yet. My engine oil has run almost 5k km already. Been using delo gold ultra and bosch oil filters for the last 15,000 km.
    3. Been using PTT diesel fuel for the past 6 months (me price discount ako kasi and it has 1% or 2%(?) biodiesel formulation, not sure). Once in awhile sa petron and caltex kung emergency, pero very seldom.
    4. No water hose treatment on the exhaust tail pipe since my rig has a catalytic converter.

My passing score taken yesterday: 0.35 (CMIIW, the passing mark for turbocharged diesels is anything below 2.0).
    Last year, it was 1.7 (odometer: 54,000+ km) before I began using the items in paragraphs 2 & 3.
    sa gasoline engine ng civic 96 and revo 2001 and ginagawa ko lang ay change oil, change oil filter, change air filter ang change spark plug. then pa emission test na, parati namang pasado. 2x a year a ko pa ganito.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    before, big deal sa akin yan prior to registration, but now hindi na.
    i even passed the emission tests prior to the change oil and tune-up.
    just make sure your engine is maintained properly, hindi naman dapat yan ginagawa lang prior to emission testing eh.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    before, big deal sa akin yan prior to registration, but now hindi na.
    i even passed the emission tests prior to the change oil and tune-up.
    just make sure your engine is maintained properly, hindi naman dapat yan ginagawa lang prior to emission testing eh.
    Yes, same here. With our cars they're just brought to the emission center for testing and pasado naman since they're maintained regularly and driven hard from time to time (redline, high speeds). Only once we failed and that was with our old B13 carburator Sentra since the carb set to be running too rich. After a quick tune up and tuning of the carb, it passed with flying colors.

The only instruction i give the driver is to not shut off the engine when waiting for their turn at the sniffer so as to keep the engine in it's optimal operating temperature for the test.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    proper pm of your engine and fuel system should let you passed the test.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    i agree na proper maintenance lang yan. pero to be sure na rin, try to time your regular PM na malapit sa registration date mo.

sa diesel, depende rin yan kung paano i-rev ng emission testing center yung auto mo. para sa akin medyo mataas yung 1.7 for a relatively new crdi engine. you can also have your tailpipe/exhaust system flushed regularly para matanggal ang carbon deposits. minsan kasi hindi natatanggal during regular driving kung hindi ka mabirit.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yung starex 2003 tci namin, 105k km na odo nya, regular change oil lang ... pasado naman lagi kahit wala ako ginagawa bago magpunta testing center

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    ensure yung API rating ng engine oil is appropriate sa age ng engine

pls refer to http://new.api.org/certifications/en...010_120210.pdf

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    ensure yung API rating ng engine oil is appropriate sa age ng engine

pls refer to http://new.api.org/certifications/en...010_120210.pdf

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    None. Just give the OR/CR, money to our trusted guy, car in garage, and in the afternoon, newly registered.

No show

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast