New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by khenma0928 View Post
    On a cold start...Do you drive immediately after starting the engine? Or start> wait for the RPM to go down. Then drive?
    can you share how you do yours first? ;)

2. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by tolitsaso View Post
    can you share how you do yours first? ;)
    Start>remove dust from exterior while waiting for the RPM to go down> drive.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Check ang kabyo kung naka N. Then half na key stroke para makita kung naka handbreak and kung may error. Kung wala start na. Then check ang mga mirror, pakingan ang engine. Seat belt then takbo na.

Ang alam ko sa diesel midyo need mo talaga pa initin bago e takbo.. pero kung gas naman need pa ba? Or even less than a minute e pwd na e takbo? Ano posible effect sa engine kung pag start e takbo na accelerate na agad.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by khenma0928 View Post
    On a cold start...Do you drive immediately after starting the engine? Or start> wait for the RPM to go down. Then drive?
    Wait for a few seconds then drive off. But not gunning it agad. Wait for it to reach operating temp then ok na. Usually pag labas ng guard house if you're living in a village ok na temp ng engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    in the morning, I press the brake pedal with my hand and press start button. Car starts rev at 1500rpm then eventually settles at 750 after around a minute or two (depends on ambient temp).

Go around the car, open the gates, check for puppies and kittens under the car. Spray with water when one is present. By that time the engine would've warmed up and I'm ready to go.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    According to my manual..yung picture..under eco driving... Di ko nmn nasusunod... Kasi after ko start 1500 RPM then wait ako ilang minutes until bumaba ng 700rpm..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1449196791344.jpg  

7. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Sorry baligtad pala ung picture.. Eto na...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1449197148943.jpg  

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dishcom View Post
    Ano posible effect sa engine kung pag start e takbo na accelerate na agad.
    All the engine oil is still on the oil pan and will take a while for it to reach all the internal moving parts of the engine. Gunning the accelerator immediately after startup in the morning will result in unnecessary wear.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by CivicVTi View Post
    All the engine oil is still on the oil pan and will take a while for it to reach all the internal moving parts of the engine. Gunning the accelerator immediately after startup in the morning will result in unnecessary wear.
    Posible. Pero i think 30secord is enough to oil completely the engine. Sa 30second na yun e checking the mirror, place the seat belt and first gear the car while opening the hand break.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Regular PMS and remove clutter (which have weight), also drive earlier, while we are still sleeping so you will not waste fuel in traffic.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast