New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    i think i will be heading for tank replacement if this doesn't going to work... thank you dr. d... if i would decided to make a brandnew tank, what type of metal is use? galvanize?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Are you using a fuel filter? If so, any dirt should not be able to go through. It will clog up the filter but no dirt should be able to make it to the carb.
    yes im using one but still... or is this something to do with my air filter? i guess not i think.. because air from the air filter goes directly to the combustion, right?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by exoskeleton View Post
    yes im using one but still... or is this something to do with my air filter? i guess not i think.. because air from the air filter goes directly to the combustion, right?

"Fuel filter" not air filter bro.

Tank replacement pag sira, cleaning lang pag madumi. Pero mukhang facrication ng tangke plano mo?

Kung surplus, parehas lang din yun. Kaibahan, nalinis na nga lang.

Tungkol sa fuel filter, para makasiguro ko mag serries ka pa ng isa para double filter ang mangyari.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Noel Salisipan View Post

Tank replacement pag sira, cleaning lang pag madumi. Pero mukhang facrication ng tangke plano mo?

Tungkol sa fuel filter, para makasiguro ko mag serries ka pa ng isa para double filter ang mangyari.
    yep .. hehe.. im pretty much aware with fuel and air filter paps.. hehe... just trying to put an emphasis that air from air filter would not populate the bowl of the carb with dirt, right? cause air goes directly to the combustion chamber...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by exoskeleton View Post
    yep .. hehe.. im pretty much aware with fuel and air filter paps.. hehe... just trying to put an emphasis that air from air filter would not populate the bowl of the carb with dirt, right? cause air goes directly to the combustion chamber...
    Ok, as you wish.(smiley)

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Noel Salisipan View Post

is it safe to do a series fuel filter? di kaya ma overwork ang injection pump?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by limarj View Post
    is it safe to do a series fuel filter? di kaya ma overwork ang injection pump?
    Safe naman yan, provided mas malaki yung filter para mas maka bwelo yung pump.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    maybe a better quality fuel filter will do the job. just my 2 cents.

9. Join Date
    May 2012
    i had my tank taken out and cleaned. maraming sediments. tapos nung ibinalik ko, pinalagyan ko ng fuel filter. service centers sa mga gasolinahan can do it for about 800-1k.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12