New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    dudes,

how do you adjust the idling speed for EFI cars? mine reads 1200rpm at start up then drops to 800-900 when the engine warms up, kaya lang when i turn the a/c on it spikes again to 1200rpm then gradually goes down to 1000rpm thou hindi naman ganun ka eratic ang fluctuation nya. does this mean i have a problem with my servo? kasi i'm used to carb type engines where i can adjust the idling and a/c actuator by simply twisting a couple of knobs. i was thinking of simply adjusting the distributor cap position kaya lang hihina naman with the a/c turned off. i wanna tone down the idling sana while the a/c is turned on for better fuel consumption. any ideas? thanks.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    sir, before anything else what is your car? having problems with idling? could be a dirty throttle body? anyways, the same priciple applies, there is a screw there in the throttle intake that regulates the idle speed.

once you found the screw, here is what you should do:

1. start the engine until it reaches the normal operating temperature. then turn the screw to adjust the idle. do this while all the electrical components are turned off. so no load or whatsoever is straining the engine.

2. once you dial-in, turn-on the a/c then adjust the idle speed until the setting is correct.

3. lastly, turn-on the headlight then adjust again until the idle speed is ok.

then you're ready to go. just remember the correct setting of your idle speed.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    im experiencing it with my 1992 nissan presea (eccs). i can't seem to find the adjustment screws... will have a look-see again later, thanks.

btw, i see a screw knob kaya lang medyo malayo na sa throttle, sa may bandang filter na so that shouldn't be it, right?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    sa may throttle body lang. i guess, oo, kasi nagpalit na ako from stock air filter to k&n, but its there. by the way, my car's is my avatar.

how to adjust idling speed for efi cars?