New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Our 2007 Honda City IDSI CVT suddenly won't start. Battery is new. Engine cranks but won't start up. Mechanic checked fuel pump at the console below handbrake and the pump works. Plugs have good spark. He says something might be wrong with the camshaft and needs to pull it out. I am not at ease with his diagnosis. Guys, have you had any similar experience like this? Appreciate your comments/opinions.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    maybe the engine is flooded? if you have the owner's manual try to look for instructions on how to start a flooded engine.

if you don't, try this; step on the gas pedal fully and try to start your car 15 seconds at a time until it starts. pag nag start na, don't release the gas pedal immediately, alalay lang hanggang sa mag stabilize yung RPM. also, expect a lot of smoke coming out of the exhaust when your car starts. hope this helps.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Nangyari sa akin yan one time nung may ginawa ako sa engine. May isang sensor ako na nakalimutan ikabit. Puro redondo lang nangyayari and ayaw dumerecho. May ginawa ka ba sa makina mo?

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

4. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by wezz_zzew View Post
    Nangyari sa akin yan one time nung may ginawa ako sa engine. May isang sensor ako na nakalimutan ikabit. Puro redondo lang nangyayari and ayaw dumerecho. May ginawa ka ba sa makina mo?

baka nga may nabunot naalala ko din minsan naglinis lang ako ng kaunti sa makina ko..abya ayaw ng mag start.
    tulak dito tulak dun ginawa namin pero hindi mapa andar hanggang sa tumawag nalang ako ng electrician.
    nag dala ng pang read ng ecu ayun na trace ..

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Better bring it sa CASA for proper diagnosis. The ECU maybe returning an error code.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Thanks for your comments guys! We tried doing the steps for starting a flooded engine but no go. Mechanic says fuel injected engines rarely get flooded.
    Wala naman kaming ginalaw sa engine. My wife drove the car home one night and the next day it won't start anymore.
    I'm getting another mechanic tomorrow for a second opinion. If his diagnosis is not satisfactory, I'll have to settle with the CASA. Ang laking abala lang kasi ipapa tow truck tapos siguradong harang ang singil ni CASA.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    pasilip nyo sir yung ignition coil baka putol sya

8. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    AFAIK Meron pang read sa mga Shell Service Stations. Try mo Shell Perps.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Thanks Bro! I'm in White Plains area and I'll ask the Shell station nearby.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i have a friend who has the same car as yours. he experienced the symptoms same as yours.... the culprit? the ignition coil.

per my friend, parang marupok daw yan sa model ng oto nyo.

but then again, it is better if you have it diagnosed first para di mapalaki ang gastos mo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast