New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Hey guys,

I have this problem with my City 2006 1.5 A/T.

Pag start ng engine, ok naman. It idles at around 1.1k (which is already higher than normal). Then pag Drive, that where it all starts. Here are the problems:

1. After accelerating, pag hindi ko na apak yung gas, it dips to about 800-900rpm, the car slows down like engine brake then rpm pops back to about 1.2k-1.5k, and speeds up a little then goes back to the normal 1.1k.

2. Shifting it to neutral would throw the rpm upto 2k+rpm. sometimes it stays there, sometimes after a few sec, it goes back to 1.6krpm.

3. When in an inclined road, for example going down, and on Neutral, the car's rpm would go up and down from 1krpm to 2krpm until the road is level again or i put the gear to Drive.

I initially went to Speedyfix. Nilinis nila yung throttle body but to no avail. Then sira yung computer nila so hindi na-check gamit yun. Sabi nila baka sa servo daw yung sira.

Just wanted to get an opinion din baka may nakaranas na ng ganitong prob. If you guys can recommend reliable shops na pwede pagpaayusan and how much yung inabot, that would be really helpful.

TIA!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You can try visiting SPEEDLAB. They have a diagnostics computer that can be plugged into your car's ECU.

Best time to visit them is from 8am to 10am (not yet as many people/cars).

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    automotive smoke machine is good to check these kinds of troubles

its the fastest and most accurate way to test hard to find leaks on intake or vacuum leaks on vehicles today
    Last edited by bambino; January 21st, 2010 at 12:33 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    *ghosthunter,
    Thanks! Will try to visit their shop maybe this weekend. Hopefully they can also fix the squeaks/metal scratching sound i'm hearing when braking.

*bambino,
    do you know which shop/s carry this equipment? if after I visit speedlab and didn't got it fixed, i'll try your suggestion.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Sir same problem occurred on my spacewagon. It turned out that one of the gears on my servo unit was chipped off that caused it to have unstable idle, changed the damaged gear, problem solved.Try to have it checked but not sure if your servo unit is like mine that can be opened to access the gears inside. I hear that a servo unit cost as much as 15k brand new so verify if your servo unit is still serviceable, the culprit might only be a gear big as a 1 peso coin. By the way the servo kit that I bought cost 1500 then I have it serviced at Mitsu Genuine Parts here in Baguio.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksee View Post
    *ghosthunter,
    Thanks! Will try to visit their shop maybe this weekend. Hopefully they can also fix the squeaks/metal scratching sound i'm hearing when braking.

*bambino,
    do you know which shop/s carry this equipment? if after I visit speedlab and didn't got it fixed, i'll try your suggestion.
    hindi ko alam kung meron na sa philippines yan pero its very popular here in canada

thats the newest tool now that the techs have to try when it comes to pinpoint diagnostics

heres the link;

.http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/vi...chine+for+sale

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jojoR. View Post
    Sir same problem occurred on my spacewagon. It turned out that one of the gears on my servo unit was chipped off that caused it to have unstable idle, changed the damaged gear, problem solved.Try to have it checked but not sure if your servo unit is like mine that can be opened to access the gears inside. I hear that a servo unit cost as much as 15k brand new so verify if your servo unit is still serviceable, the culprit might only be a gear big as a 1 peso coin. By the way the servo kit that I bought cost 1500 then I have it serviced at Mitsu Genuine Parts here in Baguio.
    This was also the initial diagnosis by speedyfix but could not pinpoint the exact problem since they don't have the computer to test it. I'm planning to visit speedlab this saturday to have it checked. Hopefully they won't require to have the whole servo unit replaced.

*bambino, thanks for the info. If all else fails, i'll look for a shop that carries that equipment.

High RPM/Dipping&Rising RPM on Neutral - City 2006 A/T