New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    I bought a used mitsu lancer glx '09 Automatic,55K mileage. Air filter already cleaned & new engine oil.
    1. Acceleration from a complete stop is okay. But when the time it picks up speed, it chokes/lag/hesitate or whatever you call it. I tried changing spark plugs but still the problem persist. It seems mahina mg pick-up ng speed.

2. Knocking sound on front brake. Kung apakan lng ng konte 1/8 to 1/2 down may knocking sound. Before full stop may sound rin naririnig. Upon releasing the brake may sound din. Could it be the brake pad?

3. Natural lng ba sa lancer na medyo matagal ang cranking for the engine to start? To compare, sa ibang sasakyan, it takes a second to start the engine upon turning the key. Sa lancer ko medyo 2-3 seconds. Battery already checked & is okay & the spark plug is new.

What could be the possible problems & solutions? Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingseries View Post
    I bought a used mitsu lancer glx '09 Automatic,55K mileage. Air filter already cleaned & new engine oil.
    1. Acceleration from a complete stop is okay. But when the time it picks up speed, it chokes/lag/hesitate or whatever you call it. I tried changing spark plugs but still the problem persist. It seems mahina mg pick-up ng speed.

2. Knocking sound on front brake. Kung apakan lng ng konte 1/8 to 1/2 down may knocking sound. Before full stop may sound rin naririnig. Upon releasing the brake may sound din. Could it be the brake pad?

3. Natural lng ba sa lancer na medyo matagal ang cranking for the engine to start? To compare, sa ibang sasakyan, it takes a second to start the engine upon turning the key. Sa lancer ko medyo 2-3 seconds. Battery already checked & is okay & the spark plug is new.

What could be the possible problems & solutions? Thanks!
    Have you checked the condition of the fuel filter? The one in the engine and the one in the fuel tank.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Have you checked the condition of the fuel filter? The one in the engine and the one in the fuel tank.

Fuel filter not yet checked. I'll update as soon as problems get solved. thanks!

Hesitation/choke/lag when accelerating & other problems