New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Hi Guys,

Mga bossing, Tanong ko lang sana kung anong cause pag ang langis mo nahahaluan na ng tubig tapos ang mufler ko naglalabas ng tubig at langis. :down:

Base on your knowledge, san ko makikita ang leak? bago ito nangyari, madalas akong mag-overheat and maubusan ng tubig.

Hope you guys can give your insights on this problem and what possible solution i might take.

Thanks!
    groovycivic

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Busted cylinder head gasket. Pa-top overhaul mo na.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nyay, madalas ka ma overheat, malamang pati cylinder head warped na yan. I foresee a big engine spending...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    1 or all of the ff things:

1. leaking head gasket - mura lang ito...ipadukot mo na rin yung rings since anjan ka na.
    2. cracked cylinder head - replace or use steel epoxy na lang kung kaya at kung nasa labas lang yung damage. pag nasa loob yung damage like, sa valve seats, forget it. palit na ng surplas. shine a flashlight across the head to see small cracks, and i'm guessing it's cracked gawa ng nagagamit mo pa yung auto.
    3. warped head - caused by the heat. palit na. usually warped heads are cracked din, i think. a temp remedy would be to skim the head, pero...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Thanks Guys,

At this sitiuation, do you think na makukuha pato sa mga repair or di na rin nalalayo kung magpalit nako ng whole engine?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    have it assessed and get an estimate kung repair... then compare it with a surplus (plus corresponding labor and parts replacement cost) and make a decision from there.

madalas kasi ang upfront cost ng change engine mukang mas logical kasi mas mura, but when you factor in the cost of replacing some of the parts of that replacement engine + labor + other custom fitting stuff (if not the same engine), baka halos parehas lang sa overhaul...

7. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    matagal na ba na naghahalo? if so, once matanggal yung head ipa-ikot mo yung crankshaft at kapain mo yung cylinder walls nya kung may ridges na. pag naghalo kasi yung oil at tubig medjo nadedegrade yung lube quality ng oil, nagccontact yung rings sa bores, nagagasgas. result is loose compression and a whole lot of other problems.

kung malaki na yung damage sa bores, you have to evaluate your options na...engine swap or overhaul? overhaul = unreliable if done incorrectly or if cheap parts are used. engine swap to bigger displacement = tricky and highly technical pero you get bigger hp (what's the point of swapping the same engine? gagastos ka na rin lang naman you better have something to shoe for it na hehehe).

makukuha pa yan sa repair kung makukuha lang. pero kung busted na talaga head, you gotta replace it talaga, no shortcuts. the impt thing is na dapat cost-effective yung gagawin sa auto mo...don't spend 25,000 on an orig, casa head when you can get a japan-spec d15b vtec whole engine for that same amount, dba?

8. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Thanks guys, do this engine problem / leaks the main cause of my recurring overheat and in-case that i choose to overhaul, do you think di na sya mag-ooverheat after?

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    if the cost of repairs are too expensive then swapping w a surplus(better model) engine would be the practical choice

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    well, naturally if overheating is the issue, ang unang pagsusupetsahan mo nyan will be water pump, radiator, hoses, cap, water jacket leaks, fans etc... Di naman usually nasisira ang cylinder head gasket kung di dahil sa failure ng mga mentioned above.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
HELP!Water-Oil Mixture in the Engine