New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Hi All,

Need expert advise mga sir. My ae92 just had engine overhauled and replaced carb (replacement only). Problem is, during idle grabe ang sinok sa pipe, i had the fuel filter, fuel pump, air filter replaced. Plugs are new, distributor cap, high tension wires. The odd thing nawawala ang sinok pag on ng A/C. I can tell na meron pa rin but its completely tolerable unlike pag naka idle. Pls help. Car is running stock 4af engine.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    pa tune mo yung carb, try mo pihit yung pang adjust ng air and fuel ratio......... ganyan din kasi yung feroza ko, pihit2 ko lang yun hangan makuha ang tamang mixture, pero dapat nasa tamang operating temp. ang engine before mo pihit

3. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Thanks for the reply. I'll check and post back. Thanks much.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    carb problem yan. patune up mo. bakit ka pala nagpalit ng carb? nasan na yung luma?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    carb problem yan. patune up mo. bakit ka pala nagpalit ng carb? nasan na yung luma?
    Sir sirkosero,

Due to erratic idle po and the same hiccups issue. The old one has a busted butterfly na po. The hiccups issue was gone for a month or so and just returned for some reason after the replacement unit was installed. Thanks ng marami sa reply. Any inputs is greatly appreiated mga sir.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by xXx27 View Post
    Hi All,

Need expert advise mga sir. My ae92 just had engine overhauled and replaced carb (replacement only). Problem is, during idle grabe ang sinok sa pipe, i had the fuel filter, fuel pump, air filter replaced. Plugs are new, distributor cap, high tension wires. The odd thing nawawala ang sinok pag on ng A/C. I can tell na meron pa rin but its completely tolerable unlike pag naka idle. Pls help. Car is running stock 4af engine.

is the hiccuping or misfire random or does it have a regular pattern? maybe your fuel is contaminated with water. if you just had the engine "overhauled" have the shop do a compression test and engine idle vacuum and engine cranking vacuum checked. there might be something the "mechanic" missed.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    is the hiccuping or misfire random or does it have a regular pattern? maybe your fuel is contaminated with water. if you just had the engine "overhauled" have the shop do a compression test and engine idle vacuum and engine cranking vacuum checked. there might be something the "mechanic" missed.
    Jick-cejoco,

Its on regular basis. Once the engine is started, hiccups is there. It will be gone though after i hit the ac on switch. It'll be back once i turned off the ac. How do I go about checking if there's water on my fuel tank? Thanks again. Much appreciated.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    sounds definetly like a carb problem. if you have the old carb, il bring that to kamuning for an overhaul and some repairs. id also use a repair kit.and let then do the tune up.

kumg wala na yung orig, i'd have the replacement checked as well.

i frequent m2m kamuning although there are some bad experiences but i find them to be the most honest.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    sounds definetly like a carb problem. if you have the old carb, il bring that to kamuning for an overhaul and some repairs. id also use a repair kit.and let then do the tune up.

i frequent m2m kamuning although there are some bad experiences but i find them to be the most honest.
    Thanks sir. I still have the old aisin carb. Will have it checked and see how it goes. Thanks so much for the time. Will post back the soonest its done. Thanks much.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005