New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    anyone??? can suggest or help me where and what type or model of diesel engine that I can swap on my ford escape front wheel drive?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    if you can find a ford focus TDCi engine for sale, i guess that would be the closest diesel engine you can exchange in your escape. im just not sure if its a perfect fit.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    it would be a difficult proposition to say the least. Wirings need to be compatible, ECU also needs to be replaced. All in all, if you find that the escape is too much a guzzler, sell it and buy a diesel powered SUV or AUV.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mazingerZ View Post
    it would be a difficult proposition to say the least. Wirings need to be compatible, ECU also needs to be replaced. All in all, if you find that the escape is too much a guzzler, sell it and buy a diesel powered SUV or AUV.
    Yeah that's the better thing to do...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Yeah that's the better thing to do...
    tnx po mga gurus. the thing is.. we are a victim of ondoy and now pa lng po kmi medyo nakakaumpisa ulit kaya ngayon ko lng din po naisipang ayusin ang ford escape kasi mas inuna ko po muna ang mas importante sa bahay. kaya sira na po ang engine tpos nanghinayang na po kmi benta ang escape sa murang halaga lng kasi brandnew namin binili tpos bago pa din natapos hulugan ni misis kaya we are planning na revive na lng cya. 2005 model kasi sya tpos ala po cya covered ng insurance na acts of god eh. kaya kaysa paoverhaul ko makina, bili na lng me makina ksama ang comp box at transmission. hirap naman benta ng flooded at babaratin ka lng tpos kpag may problema sisisihin ka pa ng bibili, kaya naisip ko for life na sa amin ito at palitan ko na lng ng diesel. hehehe....

6. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    why not check first if it is still possible to overhaul the engine and transmission?
    normally the damage to the eninge and transmission may not be that much if
    it was not running at the time of the flooding.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tip_tipid View Post
    why not check first if it is still possible to overhaul the engine and transmission?
    normally the damage to the eninge and transmission may not be that much if
    it was not running at the time of the flooding.
    napaestemate ko na po sir sa mga mekaniko na pwede magoverhaul. aabutin daw ng more or less 70k. tpos ang casa naman ay 130k plus.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    assuming you found a diesle engine with transmission for swapping, have you considered the total cost of conversion and feasibility?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by flaco View Post
    napaestemate ko na po sir sa mga mekaniko na pwede magoverhaul. aabutin daw ng more or less 70k. tpos ang casa naman ay 130k plus.
    subukan mo yung 4Ja1 ng pang crosswind medyo pasok siya kuha kana lang ng manual transmission. Meron binebenta ang isuzu philippines brandnew na 4jb1 kasama na ang transmission doon baka pwede gawin yan. Yung jeep nga nagagawa eh hehehe yan may body ka escape pa ang ganda tapos isuzu engine hehehe

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by nap123 View Post
    subukan mo yung 4Ja1 ng pang crosswind medyo pasok siya kuha kana lang ng manual transmission. Meron binebenta ang isuzu philippines brandnew na 4jb1 kasama na ang transmission doon baka pwede gawin yan. Yung jeep nga nagagawa eh hehehe yan may body ka escape pa ang ganda tapos isuzu engine hehehe
    actually before I have Revo but the engine is C190. then I change the differential for semi low gear.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
help po! what diesel engine I can swap on my Ford escape?