New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Help pls! Our CR-V was victimized again by this pest. Ningatngat yung hose ng washer fluid and insulation. Pano ba mag prevent? Walang basura or what so ever na nasa tabi. Grrrr!! gastos! nanaman!!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Get a cat :D

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Let me just relay what happened to our cars when we had a similar problem before. The rats that victimized our Civics took a p!ss inside the engine bay and littered it with all sorts of trash (bones, etc.). So you can just imagine the awful smell that emits inside the interior whenever the aircon is turned on. So far, the rats have not victimized the Fortuner or even the '06 CRV.

One solution: Kill the pesky rat(s). By driving them out of their hideouts by starving them and once they are out shoot them with an air gun. Or put some food that would attract them inside the trash bin. Assuming your trash is a closed type, once the rats are in, close the lid. If you have a pot of boiling water at the side, open the lid and pour water into the rats.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    victim na rin ako nyan....

namili pa talaga ng mahirap hanapin na wire! at yon ang pinutol,
    circuit yon ng aircon...

nangyari yon ng:

1. giniba kapitabahay na apartment
    2. barangay basura truck, sa tapat ng bahay namin nakaparada
    3. pinapakain aso namin sa gabi

with those 3 gone, gone na rin ang problem
    Last edited by RedHorse; July 24th, 2006 at 10:51 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by carlocaraddict
    Help pls! Our CR-V was victimized again by this pest. Ningatngat yung hose ng washer fluid and insulation. Pano ba mag prevent? Walang basura or what so ever na nasa tabi. Grrrr!! gastos! nanaman!!
    RATS I HATE RATS! I used to have a thread on how to exterminate them hehe...

I used to park overnight near a canal and a repair shop. Ayan ang daming RATS (not mice). Lots of things happened (tinatamad na ako magkwento), the last straw was this: I had this feeling na something was under my hood. So I popped open the hood, and lo and behold! 3 giant Rats lounging on top of my engine! Aba, nung nakita ako, ini-snub pa ako, then they SLOWLY went down and away from the engine. Aba! Di na takot sa tao! And on one side of my engine bay, I found, Jolibee tissue, straw, Jolibee plastic cup, and some chicken bones. What the... ginawang Jolibee ang engine bay ko??? Tapos on the other side, ginawang C.R. Ok This means WAR. Eto mga ginawa ko (you can follow them if you like):

1. Bought A LOT of Racumin Paste (not the powder, not the pellets, the one with the yellow package).
    2. Got a small round plate, and placed 3 pieces on it. When putting the bait, DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT use your bare hands. Rats are intelligent, if they smell your fingers on the bait, they WILL know its poison. So put a plastic bag or glove over your hands before you handle them. Placed plate under the engine, and another set near the trash cans.
    3. Ok, so every night, ubos ang mga pinapakain ko, pinababantay ko pa sa guard (kasi baka makain ng mga tuta (may pinatay mga daga grr) at asong grasa namin hehe).
    4. For 2 weeks nothing happened. Kala ng mga tao useless ang ginawa namin.
    5. After the 2nd week, ayan na, isa isa lumalabas, either nahihilo or biglang may amoy patay.
    6. End result: Rats killed by me: 40++ (we actually counted up to 40, may mga di namin marecover, ayan amoy patay for around a week)
    Rats killed by dogs: 4-5
    Rats killed by guard: (with dos por dos and sack, another story altogether) : 3
    7. Afterwards, for like a few months, no more rats. hehehhe....

Nowadays, I have a cat. Siya na bahala sa rat.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    ako rin nabiktima rin nyan. before etong days off kong 'to, nagulat na lang ako nung makita kong may poo-poo at (dried) wee-wee ng rat(s) sa my ibabaw ng engine...tsk. sorry nga lang wala akong maisusuggest na solution apart from yung mga commercially available.
    so far di na naulit... I guess napatay na ng aso namin (yup, yung aso namin ang mahilig manghuli ng daga)...

7. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Naalala ko bigla

iniisa isa kami na ata ng mga dagang ito. 3 weeks ago, yung neighbor namin, 2 cars nasira dahil sa daga (BMW 316 and Verita), sabay pa. He was about to leave his house to buy some chicken feeds (mahilig sa sabong). Nung pag start nya ng verita, ayaw, so ginawa niya, yung Bimmer ginamit niya, ayaw din.

Katabi naming bahay naman, ganyan din, may ningat ngat na wire. Nabiktima yung BMW 325i M.

Ang sosi naman ng mga daga, kung manira grabe!

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Carlo, puro big time pala kayo sa neighborhood nyo ah!

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    meron ding nabibiling metal cage na may hook that keeps the spring-loaded lid open. once the bait inside is touched (na nakasabit sa other end ng hook na yun), the lid shuts tightly. nakakahuli kami ng mga malalaking daga coz of that (think, as big as matabang mini-pinscher). usually daing gamit namin. heheh.

kainis nawawala yung cage namin na yun. a few days ago, i was heating water about 10pm to get ready for work (di ako naliligo ng malamig eh), i felt something big hit my foot, turns out, kumaripas ng takbo yung daga na anlaki. ask a kid to hit with their backfist your foot, ganun kalakas. :lol:

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmmmmn ayos sa daga. mamahaling sasakyan pa ang gustong sirain. di kaya amoy pagkain yung mga engine bay ninyo?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Help on how to prevent Rats from entering the engine bay