New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    where can i find the location of the o2 sensor and what does it look like? sorry for the noob question.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    In the exhaust, there should be one before the primary catalytic, and sometimes, there'll be one after. Just look for the wire leading to the exhaust.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    niky,
    thanks a lot bro, ill try to check the o2 sensor.a few days ago. i filled up with petron e10 with 95 octane, weird thing is the pinging went away for a few days until tonight.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Maybe it's an issue with your fuel tank? Fuel starvation on a low tank or a pump issue? What was the fuel level when it started pinging again?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Maybe it's an issue with your fuel tank? Fuel starvation on a low tank or a pump issue? What was the fuel level when it started pinging again?
    i dont usually let the fuel level below 1/4.the pinging occurs occassionally whether at full tank or half tank, however i noticed that below the 1/2 mark the pinging occurs more often and when the car is driven for about over an hour in stop and go traffic traffic. in driving short distances and less traffic routes, i hardly notice any pinging.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Fuel pump or filter then? Might be that your fuel is getting too hot... You really ought to get a diagnosis at the casa...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    ^^will do sir niky, kaso saan ba ok magpa service na casa, ive had bad experiences na sa mga toyota casas, it took me 10 years din bago ako bumili ng toyota because of this. meron bang shops sa banawe area that are adept at checking?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    follow up question, i remembered that i recently checked my plugs and let my mechanic put it back, maybe he didn't screw it tight enough...so:
    1.can a loose sparkplug cause pinging?
    2. if water is present in the fuel tank, can it also cause pinging?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Try to have a computer check on the engine, one probablity also is that the ignition timing may not be set to spec. What plugs are you running now? Did you try running colder plugs? Try also cleaning the sensors if needed (O2 and the intake sensor).

10. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Try to have a computer check on the engine, one probablity also is that the ignition timing may not be set to spec. What plugs are you running now? Did you try running colder plugs? Try also cleaning the sensors if needed (O2 and the intake sensor).
    first thing i did after acquiring the unit was clean the intake sensor using spray on electrical contact cleaner. before cleaning i havent experienced any pinging sound, maybe i need to reset the ecu first? as i remembered i did not remove the battery cable when i did the cleaning.i just unplugged and plugged the intake sensor during cleaning.i havent got the chance to change the sparkplugs yet, its on stock plugs as of now.reg the 02 sensor i havent the slightest idea how to clean it as i dont know what it looks like hehehe

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Help Engine pinging on innova vvti