New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hi there. I need some advice from any of you regarding the above-mentioned. Any of you tried installing Simota Stainless Steel Filter? It is a drop-in filter. How is the performance? Ano ang common na problema na nai-encounter nito? Lastly, is it advisable to use this than the ordinary paper filter?

Maraming salamat po.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Is this the cone/cylindrical type? That's different from 'drop in'... drop in filters are flat panels only. If you're talking about the cylindrical stainless mesh filter (no cloth/cotton fabric mesh), this kind gives you breathing and power nearly equivalent to an open intake. However, it'll suck in heat like crazy, so you'll need a heat shield and insulation for it.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Another disadvantage is that it lets in fine dust particles which may, over time, affect MAF performance in EFI engines and jet flow in carburators. These items are easy to clean, though. I'd recommend going for an HKS or K&N if you can afford them... they give as much power or more, and filter better.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hi Niky,

Thanks for your reply to my post. I've been wanting to write back, but somehow cannot log-in for sev days. I had to reset my password.

Anyway, the Simota Stainless steel filter is drop-in. Yeah, it is flat panel. I heard from the one selling that it allows better air-flow. The only drawback is the dust because it allows more dust than paper or cotton. I live in Mindoro so the roads are pretty dusty. Hmmm, but will it be OK if I clean it often? What do you recommend? Maybe I just use the normal ones, huh?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Ah... if it's just a panel replacement, don't bother, hindi ganuung kalaki ang power increase. Bili ka nalang ng cone & shield assembly.

Help...anyone can comment on Stainless Steel Simota Filter?