New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Dear Tsikot peepz,

Need your advise on this. I recently installed a wiring updgrade kit for my headlight. These included 2 new bosch relays, ceramic sockets and 10gauge power and ground wires.

I'm still running stock 60/55 headlights pero have plans of upgrading to 80/75 all weather lamps, hence the wiring upgrade.

Prior to install however, I was already experiencing a slight dip in idling when i turn on the stock headlights. So i thought that if i had already upgraded the wiring, it would somehow lessen / compensate for the drop since i'm already using new sets and wires and not the factory wiring anymore.

To my dismay, the slight idle drop is still there. To give you an idea on my idling speed:

Engine running, no aircon, no headlight: 800rpm
    Engine running, with aircon, no headlight: 1,000rpm
    Engine running, no aircon, with headlight: 750rpm
    Engine running, with aircon, with headlight: 850rpm

My questions would be:
    1. Did i have the right assumption that my idling would normalize if i upgraded my headlight wiring harness?

2. What could be the cause of my idle drop?

3. Do i simply adjust the idling speed?

Car by the way is a carburated 1300 corolla.

Thanks tsikoteers!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    First thing first. Your idling should not increase when you turn on your aircon. Your idler up should compensate for the added load of your aircon. So if its 800rpm it would have to be still 800 rpm with aircon. Check the grounding connection of your upgrade for your rpm drop when turning on your headlights. HTH.

Headlight Wiring Harness & Low Idling