New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Windbooster - Improve Throttle Response

Windbooster throttle controller will help you adjust throttle application for better driveability and take your ride to a higher level.

Philippine distributor:

0917-2065086

Kenneth Lai

Blk.38 lot-10 matthew st. Ph-3D Brgy. Perez, LVDSN Meycauayan, Bulacan 3020

2. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Currently have something similar installed on my Vios.

Called Speed Booster from Dift Xaust.

Just installed it last Friday and all I can say is even at eco mode maxed (E9), throttle response was quick and noticed that the lag between gears were gone.

With a Vios 1.5 A/T, I normally feel that I need to step more on the accelerator just to feel some torque. When running between 30-40 KPH (slow cruising traffic), I used to get a lot of lag when trying to accelerate. But now, car is very responsive.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    That speedbooster is an overpriced electronic throttle controller. More popular brands such as shadow & freepower sells cheaper..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by midnytwarrior View Post
    Currently have something similar installed on my Vios.

Called Speed Booster from Dift Xaust.

Just installed it last Friday and all I can say is even at eco mode maxed (E9), throttle response was quick and noticed that the lag between gears were gone.

With a Vios 1.5 A/T, I normally feel that I need to step more on the accelerator just to feel some torque. When running between 30-40 KPH (slow cruising traffic), I used to get a lot of lag when trying to accelerate. But now, car is very responsive.
    Thanks for the share.

Did it improve fuel consumption?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    What those gadgets do is simply simulate "responsiveness" by increasing the sensitivity or the rate of change on the throttle opening and/or even amplifying the output to the ECM. For example, in an unmodified vehicle, let's say that a certain throttle input by the driver is interpreted as 20% of WOT by the ECM. If you add the gadget, the same driver input would probably bump up the signal to 30% or so, telling the ECM to open the throttle faster and/or wider to give the sensation of responsiveness to the driver.

It does NOT alter physics and will NOT make the car any faster.

I read through the product features and actually laughed at the some of their claims... see such example below:

However, the drive-by-wire system has its limitation, ECM controls the electronic signal to give instructions by identifying the depth of the accelerator pedal, and make the engine provide the matched power, unfortunately, the signal delay of electronic throttle valve will impede the normal acceleration of vehicles, under some circumstances, such as going uphill, there will be strong setback, even cause the vehicle’s sudden leap.
    Two things: First, electrons travel faster in an electronic/drive-by-wire accelerator pedal system compared to a cable-type/mechanical throttle. 2nd, any inherent delays are deliberately programmed in the ECM to balance performance, fuel economy, and more importantly, longevity of the powertrain.

For example, the ECM is programmed to retard the throttle (what the article calls "setback") during shifting so power is delivered only AFTER the A/T has shifted and locked on to the next gear. This happens when you stomp on the gas pedal to overtake or when climbing a hill and the ECM decides to shift to a lower gear. Bypassing this feature could mean accelerated wear on the A/T clutch packs as the engine is allowed to run at high RPM while the clutch is 'dumped' on the next gear. Yes, it may produce some impressive wheel spin but, is that really your cup of tea?

If you need more acceleration in a jam, do what every driver worth its salt does.... put the pedal to the metal. It yields the same result, but for FREE.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Lin Dan View Post
    Thanks for the share.

Did it improve fuel consumption?
    Still under observation sir. Installed it with 3/4 fuel remaining in tank. And since the car is not used often, it still has 1/4 remaining. Current consumption is at 8km/L. Will provide data once I complete another full tank cycle.

As per sir oj88, yes it just increases the responsiveness. Since people tend to get used to a certain position of their foot when driving, this gadget just tends to augment the feeling of something that you are already used to.
    But once you get used to a certain setting, then again you might make another adjustment until you may want some more.
    In my case, I'm fed up of continuously adjusting my seat and trying to find the sweet spot (and yes I have short legs ), now at least I can move further back and relax my legs (no issues for me actually when driving vans or flat nosed trucks).

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    What those gadgets do is simply simulate "responsiveness" by increasing the sensitivity or the rate of change on the throttle opening and/or even amplifying the output to the ECM. For example, in an unmodified vehicle, let's say that a certain throttle input by the driver is interpreted as 20% of WOT by the ECM. If you add the gadget, the same driver input would probably bump up the signal to 30% or so, telling the ECM to open the throttle faster and/or wider to give the sensation of responsiveness to the driver.

It does NOT alter physics and will NOT make the car any faster.

I read through the product features and actually laughed at the some of their claims... see such example below:

Two things: First, electrons travel faster in an electronic/drive-by-wire accelerator pedal system compared to a cable-type/mechanical throttle. 2nd, any inherent delays are deliberately programmed in the ECM to balance performance, fuel economy, and more importantly, longevity of the powertrain.

For example, the ECM is programmed to retard the throttle (what the article calls "setback") during shifting so power is delivered only AFTER the A/T has shifted and locked on to the next gear. This happens when you stomp on the gas pedal to overtake or when climbing a hill and the ECM decides to shift to a lower gear. Bypassing this feature could mean accelerated wear on the A/T clutch packs as the engine is allowed to run at high RPM while the clutch is 'dumped' on the next gear. Yes, it may produce some impressive wheel spin but, is that really your cup of tea?

If you need more acceleration in a jam, do what every driver worth its salt does.... put the pedal to the metal. It yields the same result, but for FREE.
    Well said.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012D using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    I was told by my friend last night that the "eco/economy" mode is just really the factory mode of any vehicle and using this feature on say, the speed booster device won't really give a significant effect on fuel economy...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by midnytwarrior View Post
    In my case, I'm fed up of continuously adjusting my seat and trying to find the sweet spot (and yes I have short legs ), now at least I can move further back and relax my legs (no issues for me actually when driving vans or flat nosed trucks).

Which also takes you further away from the brake pedal ...

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Electronic Throttle Controller is the new (Khaos Turbo) Fuel Saving device ... People these days or those days just need a little common sense ... Car Companies spend a lot of money hiring engineers to research on these things ...

If these devices were really useful and necessary, they would be installed in the factory already ... Think ABS, ASC, Airbags, Auto Brake, Blind Spot Monitoring, Cross-Traffic Alert, EBD, LSD, Radar Cruise Control, Reverse Sensors, Reverse Cameras, etc ...

Then there's this Alkaline Water ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast