New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Good Day to all,

I new in here..early this morning my pajero did'nt start. When i heated up my pajero unsually their is a "click" sound ..it did'nt start..no sound or what so ever in the engine so i tried it again and still same thing happend until on my 3rd try it starts.
    i heated up the engine for a while bout 5 mins then turn it off again to test if its going to start or not..and as a result my pajero starts in just one click on the ignition.
    So i droved it to the office then about 2 hours i check it again to test whether it is still working or not then it starts again...

i dont have any idea whats the couse why it did'nt start earlier this morning?
    My batteries a new and the clamps are tight, the alternators a ok 'coz i pulled one cable on it and it still running..is'nt it the starter which is causing this problem?
    Need your advice on this one..
    thanks in advance...

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Possibly the ignition switch is starting to go bad or your starter motor jammed (likely time to rebuild) , I still suspect a bad ignition switch.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by v6dreamer View Post
    Possibly the ignition switch is starting to go bad or your starter motor jammed (likely time to rebuild) , I still suspect a bad ignition switch.
    Thanks for the reply..i tried again this morning starting up the engine and i works in one click.
    Can you explain to me ignition switch is starting to go bad...can this be repaired or buy a new one and also about starter motor jammed...
    Thanks in advance...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    the "clikc" sound eminates form the solenoid. try to monitor first since 1st time pa lang. if it repeats, try to check on it or (i'm not sure) the relay the trigger's the solenoid. if it's and old model, the key may be wearing out on the ingnition switch.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by macsd View Post
    the "clikc" sound eminates form the solenoid. try to monitor first since 1st time pa lang. if it repeats, try to check on it or (i'm not sure) the relay the trigger's the solenoid. if it's and old model, the key may be wearing out on the ingnition switch.
    Thanks for the reply...what do you mean about "the key may be wearing out on the ignition?"

thanks in advance..

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I agree with solenoid. Mataas ang failure rate ng solenoids at heater module sa mga pajero.

-----------------------------------------
    Central Diesel 411 3711 to 13

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by neil_xtrm View Post
    Thanks for the reply...what do you mean about "the key may be wearing out on the ignition?"

thanks in advance..
    i meant, napupudpod na.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    hmm.... glowplugs? i have had hard starting issues before on your type of car and 2 pairs of new glowplugs almost always ensured swift starts (after the pre-heat).

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    mostly solenoid problem

10. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    thanks for all your advices...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Hard starting problem on my 2nd gen pajero