New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    To re-phrase your problem, after being under the sun for about 3 hours, the engine cranks, but there is no ignition. Right?
    This condition is normally experienced on caburated fuel system. Ignition
    timing setting is critical for some type of engine. Also for carburator type of fuel system, you may try to pump once the accelerator pedal before starting
    the engine. Do not press on the accelerator as you are starting the engine.
    wait for the engine to run, then press on the accelerator pedal. Hope this can be of help.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tip_tipid View Post
    To re-phrase your problem, after being under the sun for about 3 hours, the engine cranks, but there is no ignition. Right?
    timing setting is critical for some type of engine. Also for carburator type of fuel system, you may try to pump once the accelerator pedal before starting
    wait for the engine to run, then press on the accelerator pedal. Hope this can be of help.
    car is isuzu alterra2005 Diesel.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Thank you sir tip_tipid and mile2 for the tips po.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003

diesel pala... anyway, was the starting problem you mentioned is about starter won't run, engine not cranking, or there is no ignition?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Sir so far didn't again experienced hard starting.Mukhang battery problem sabi ng mechanic ko because it's not built for tropical climates.Thanks for all the help.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mucho View Post
    Sir so far didn't again experienced hard starting.Mukhang battery problem sabi ng mechanic ko because it's not built for tropical climates.Thanks for all the help.

Mucho,

Seems like Im also experiencing the same problem as you do. I only encountered it when parked directly under the sun, but pag nakapark naman sa may roof, kahit 3 days na hinde magamit ang auto ay one click lang at start agad (w/o pressing the accelerator pa po yun).

Since some of the replies I got from my thread saying that its also a battery issue, Im now considering their battery suggestions :-)
    Not Starting when parked in a direct sunlight???
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69685

May I know what brand of battery you just bought in replace of your previous?

Presently, I have a Motolite Enduro installed in my car. Should I switch to Motolite Gold or just buy a new Enduro instead? Although according to their specs, Enduro was also built for hot climates (Tropicalized)
    http://www.motolite.com/battery.php?id=3

FYI, my battery is 3 yrs old na po.

Thank you

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Get a Motolite Enduro.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by speed unlimited View Post
    Get a Motolite Enduro.

Noted speed, thank you :-)

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Welcome , Sulit naman halos mag 3 years na ayos pa at tapos na warranty.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    sir, it seems i'm experiencing what you stated.

carb system yung sa car ko. i experienced it twice nung naka-park ako sa open parking ng malls. the engine started first, then died after a minute. when i tried to restart it, nag-cranked naman siya pero ayaw na magtuloy magstart. i had it checked by a mechanic, sabi the carb needs to be overhauled. then he adjusted the throttle spring para tumaaas yung menor ko. the engine started. i was glad ganun lang naging problem and was able to drive it home, kaso nasa 1,200 rpm idling ko.

i had the carb overhauled and my idling set to normal. the new mechanic pointed out na natutuyuan daw kasi ng gas sa loob ng carb dahil sa sobrang init. hindi daw to nae-experience ng EFI kasi sealed daw yung injectors sa makina, unlike carb type na pwede sumingaw yung fumes. nung mataas yung idling ko ndi ko na-experience mamatayan ulit ng engine, pero nung ibinalik sa normal idling namatay ulit engine ko after mabilad sa araw (though minsan lang ulit nangyari and i was able to get ignition after 3 tries, had it parked more than 2hrs under the noontime sun). my battery is relatively new (motolite, 1year old pa lang) at malakas yung kuryente nya.

question: tama po ba yung opinion nung 2nd mechanic? does he make sense?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
hard starting pag nabilad sa araw