New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    need help.I'm experiencing hard starting pag nabilad nang matagal sa parking around 3 hours 10am-1pm or 12-3pm.Thiis is a relatively new problem only experienced only this summer.Battery is 3 months old 3sm(car is isuzu alterra2005).Radio or Cd rarely used.Experienced thrice only within this past 2 weeks.Pag try ulit start ok naman after 2nd or 3rd try 10 secs apart.Morning starts no problem. Sobrang init lang kaya nang makina or battery problem?.Change oil and pms done regularly.Car is used regularly.anybody experienced this?thanks.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mucho View Post
    need help.I'm experiencing hard starting pag nabilad nang matagal sa parking around 3 hours 10am-1pm or 12-3pm.Thiis is a relatively new problem only experienced only this summer.Battery is 3 months old 3sm(car is isuzu alterra2005).Radio or Cd rarely used.Experienced thrice only within this past 2 weeks.Pag try ulit start ok naman after 2nd or 3rd try 10 secs apart.Morning starts no problem. Sobrang init lang kaya nang makina or battery problem?.Change oil and pms done regularly.Car is used regularly.anybody experienced this?thanks.

anything you might have noticed change or new like tailpipe smoke? noise, vibration & harshness (NVH), change in fuel consumption, losing fluids, unusual smell in the exhaust and MIL (malfunction indicator light) illumination or flashing? additional information is much appreciated

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    So far sir wala naman ibang indicators of malfunction.Everything seems normal.This is noted only after nabilad lang sa parking area where i work.Water, oil. engine indicators, and battery seems normal.No unusual smell or sound.Mukhang di kaya talaga ang init.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Probably the new battery? what is the brand? is it MF type?

Check the terminals.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Mile2 View Post
    Probably the new battery? what is the brand? is it MF type?

Check the terminals.
    Sir the Battery's brand is Megaforce maintenance free calcium battery still w/ green indicator.Air filter is regularly cleaned as well sir hindi rin mausok tailpipe.Pag 2nd or 3rd start ok naman po.thanks.This distance from where i live to where i work is only 8 km.Terminals and fitting are Ok.Pag nakapark sa lilim ay walang problema,pag natapat lang sa bare na mainit na spot lang po na experienced ito..Medyo alangan ako sa megaforce(sorry megaforce dealers), i should have bought motolite enduro.Nag start test ako this morning,one click naman sir.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mucho View Post
    Sir the Battery's brand is Megaforce maintenance free calcium battery still w/ green indicator.Air filter is regularly cleaned as well sir hindi rin mausok tailpipe.Pag 2nd or 3rd start ok naman po.thanks.This distance from where i live to where i work is only 8 km.Terminals and fitting are Ok.Pag nakapark sa lilim ay walang problema,pag natapat lang sa bare na mainit na spot lang po na experienced ito..Medyo alangan ako sa megaforce(sorry megaforce dealers), i should have bought motolite enduro.Nag start test ako this morning,one click naman sir.

your battery might be sulfated. what it is, is that the positive plates (lead peroxide) is turning into lead sulfate. the negative plates are lead sulfate. if the two set of plates are of the same charge potential, i.e., both sides lead sulfate potential, there is little electron charge. sometimes the battery can be reconditioned by slow charging for about a day or two. but to be on the safe side, specially if it already shows the symptoms and the battery has reached its expected life or is nearing its last breath, it is wise to replace it and save yourself from inconvenience or maybe embarrassment

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    You just need to confirm if it is really the battery by borrowing one from another car for a couple of days observation. You just need to go to the process of elimination

If you added some electronic accessories...check for unshielded wires. Try to put sunshade on your windshield as extreme hot sun rays may also affects your electrical and electronic systems. Some newer cars like Innova had climate control sensors mounted on the dashboard top.

I've been seeing lately where I park (public parking with open and shaded parking slots) that some other cars parked under the scorching sun won't start and had to to be cable jump start.

I don't know if this experience of mine will apply to your case, I had the same problem before with Isuzu 4FB1 engine that won't crank when the engine is already hot, the culprit was the grounded starter. Starter mechanic/technician just replaced the carbon terminals and copper bushing and the problem disappeared.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Pag hindi battery ang problema, then you can try replacing the main relay. (Pero this is a problem mainly for Honda cars). Hot soak yata yung tawag nila dito.

In my experience, pag mainit na yung makina, namamatay yung engine (even while cruising!), tapos hirap mag-start. I have to let it cool down for about 15mins. tapos ok na ulit. Pero pag uminit uli yung makina, ayan na naman.

Turns out it was my ignition coil. Nung napalitan ko na, everything functioned normally again.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    +1 kay sir mile2.
    Siguraduhin muna na hindi battery related ang problema.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Thank you very much mga sirs for the nice input.Update ku lang mga sirs.Ok naman pag start kanina after nabilad.Umulan kc hehe..Godbless po.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
hard starting pag nabilad sa araw