New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    every morning and when the engine get's to cool down, nag hard start na ang engine. kailangan, bombahin ang gas pedal for sometime to start mga 3 cracks with multiple pump on the pedal in between. ideally, it would start even without stepping on the gas pedal and to any car of to that.

my gut feel is the problem with fuel pump or fuel filter. what do you guys think? i just want to have some idea before i go the shop. car is crv gen 1.

tia

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    What you need to do is determine what is missing when it won't start, fuel or spark. The next time it won't start pull a spark plug wire and connect it to an old spark plug. Lay it on a metal part of the engine so it has a good ground. Now crank the engine and see if there is a spark. If not, then we know it's an ignition problem.
    If you have spark, the next thing to do is pull a vacuum line off the intake manifold. Spray a good shot of carburetor cleaner directly into the intake. Reconnect the vacuum line and try to start the engine. if it starts and runs as long as the carburetor cleaner lasts, you have a fuel problem. Once you know it, you can go from there.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    when the fuel pump dies, it's totally dead. i doubt that's the problem. look elsewhere.

if you haven't replaced the fuel filter in a while it's a good thing to do narin.

hard starting