New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Hi,

My 14 year old mini truck (Feroza) is making a grinding sound whenever its cool. More apparent ito pag mornings. So when I release the gas pedal and cause an engine brake it makes a grinding sound. About 1-2km the sound disappears. The longer the car rests the louder the sound when it travels, this only appeard on its 14 year history this rainy season. The car was not flooded recently, I am puzzled what could cause this.

It does NOT make it during braking, when drivetrain is disenganged (Neutral or pressing the clutch), or turning.

I am thinking that the rear brakes are dusty, the 120w gear oil is causing it (but it has been there for 2 years na). What do you guys think of the other possible causes?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    kung tinagalog mo nalang baka sakali naintindihan namin ang problema,repraise your sentences and make it simple . PEACE

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    off-hand, it seems grinding gears since you did say this happens when doing an engine brake. have the gear oil replaced muna and see if it goes away or lessens. i think if it lessens, sa gears nga.

that's what i think anyway, let's wait for the gurus here :D

4. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    baka nga gear grinding. check mo yung fluid baka wala na o hindi na ok.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    I still have an extra liter of Mobil LSA 90. I think I need 1.5 liter for the diff. Anyone wants to trade with 2 liters GL-5 90w for the 1 liter Mobil LSA 90?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    is the grinding comming from the tranny or from the engine?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    speedfix, the sound is coming more from underneath the car.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jkyamog
    speedfix, the sound is coming more from underneath the car.
    Maybe its your transmission? Better yet have it check for the gear oil and gearing play?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    yeah baka may sayad or something.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    I replaced the diff oil with my extra Mobil LSA 90 1 liter + .5 liter of GL-5 90 oil. It improved buy grinding sound is still present.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
grinding sound when car is cool and doing engine brake