New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Hi, I'm confused about this belt stuff, so is the drive belt/serpentine belt the same with fan belt, compressor belt, alternator belt? The car is a Honda Civic 2015 1.8 S AT. Mileage is already at 44k km

Thanks in advance

2. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzumiya View Post
    Hi, I'm confused about this belt stuff, so is the drive belt/serpentine belt the same with fan belt, compressor belt, alternator belt? The car is a Honda Civic 2015 1.8 S AT. Mileage is already at 44k km

Thanks in advance
    Tama po. Iisang belt na ang lahat na iyan. Isang palitan na lang, mas tumatagal ngayon di tulad ng kapanahunan na mabilis maputol.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Mas matibay nga siguro kasi I haven't replaced mine which will turn 8 years old in 3 months with 80k+ kms traveled. No signs of slightest fraying, kaya I wondered if the author was just curious or his unit needs replacement na, it's half my mileage and 2 years younger, mine's also a 2013 FB.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by bxr monkey View Post
    Tama po. Iisang belt na ang lahat na iyan. Isang palitan na lang, mas tumatagal ngayon di tulad ng kapanahunan na mabilis maputol.
    Thanks sir for enlightening me. At least now I can go to the autoparts store and know what I want to buy.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    Mas matibay nga siguro kasi I haven't replaced mine which will turn 8 years old in 3 months with 80k+ kms traveled. No signs of slightest fraying, kaya I wondered if the author was just curious or his unit needs replacement na, it's half my mileage and 2 years younger, mine's also a 2013 FB.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    I just want to have the part ready should the inspection from the mechanic turn out to be negative on that part, in any case the car is already 5 years old this 2021 and my aunt is the second owner, I asked for maitainance records and she has none she had relied so much on her previous driver and mechanic, so I might just have it replaced out of caution. I don't want to wait till some signs of a bad belt shows up. heheh but kudos to your car sir tibay nga.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    serpentine belts are replaced based on physical appearance or years in service.. some manufacturers suggest to replace the belt every 4 years regardless of its physical appearance.. some maybe even longer around 6 years.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Belts nowadays last longer, just recently replaced a timing belt after 11 years and around 40k mileage, belt had no cracks or damage and looks like it could have gone a few more years given the low mileage per year. But still materials degrade over time. Belts are not too expensive anyway and is included with regular PMS. I recommend getting original part from dealer or having the PMS done at dealership as I have experienced before mas mahal pa sa suking auto shop.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i had my non-honda's timing belt replaced in the casa, on its 14th year / 120K km. it was still less than the manufacturer's replacement schedule. the belt still looked fine to me.
    casa, for the perceived genuine-ness of the belt, and the perceived warranty.
    the difference between casa cost and banawe cost wasn't that much.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Timing belt palit talaga time based, I observe that also, pero iba yata ito sa serpentine belt na tinutukoy dito

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    Timing belt palit talaga time based, I observe that also, pero iba yata ito sa serpentine belt na tinutukoy dito
    iba nga.
    serpentine belt kasi, puedeng kilatisin araw-araw, for signs of wear.
    but one has to open-'er-up, to inspect the timing belt.
    also, a broken timing belt is more potentially catastrophic than the simply-stalling serpentine belt failure.

i had a colleague whose car had its timing belt replaced by the casa. the belt mal-functioned shortly after, ruining the engine. fortunately, casa warranty picked the tab.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast