New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    roydok::: Ah ok, balak ko rin sana palitan last time as was at chieffy's Caltex station ng 140 grade oil. Kaso bigla kong naalala baka di bumagay sa rear diff lockers ko yung lapot.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Ungas,
    Did you solve the noise problem from the front diff?

Roydok,
    Most diffs require a GL5 oil, does your rig specify GL4 only for either diff? What GL rating did you use on the transmission?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Noise problem is still there, I didn't bother to change the present 90 grade gear oil I'm using now. Though the sound only emits during its first kilometers during early morning runs.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    From personal experience, I recommend you stick with 90 weight for the tranny and transfer case. 140 weight is okay for the diffs. Especially when you frequently trail the vehicle which adds more load on the gearing. If you hear a whinning sound in the diffs, have those checked immediately because this could mean that the engagement between ring and pinion may not be properly set. This can lead to premature wear of the teeth. 140 weight will not help and at best will only mask the sound. Get them checked asap.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wolverine::: Do you realy think that the ring and pinion is not setup properly? I only hear it during early morning rounds, probably when the oil has settled overnight. But it seems to work out fine when used for trails, no grumbling sounds not even a hum.

And lastly, I don't have any idea who can dismantle and return the front difffs back to its own form.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Originally posted by Ungas
    Noise problem is still there, I didn't bother to change the present 90 grade gear oil I'm using now. Though the sound only emits during its first kilometers during early morning runs.
    ang tagal ko ng hinanap ang thread na to hehe na bypass ko ang subject lol

Sir Ungas pag paatras ganon din po ba? mahirap pumasok sa reverse gear tapos maririnig mo sa rear diff parang kinain yung gear? parang *tsug* ? hehe

kasi na experience ko sa sasakyan ng ninong ko hiniram ko (XLT/ Ford Fiera)... 6 in the morning last monday, parang nga nahirapan...kaya lang mekaniko sya...sabi ko ano yon bat ganon...

ganyan talaga pag morning...bombahin mo yung clutch para tataas ang fluid sabi nya...i did it and it work :D :D :D

hehe

paki try lang po bukas ng umaga hehe

baka po kasi same dilemma :D

enk u

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nope, walang tunog sa paatras. Di naman mahirap ikambyo. Sa harap ko naririnig hindi sa likod. At di ko pwedeng bombahin ang clutch ko, di pareho ng Ford. Nissan uses hydraulic type clutch system. Pag binomba kakapusin ng hangin ang master sa clutch.

Thanks for your suggestion, anyway hinayaan ko na lang. Nawawala din naman yung ingay pag di ko pinapansin. So far I've checked other Patrols also having the same symptoms. Baka talagang meron ingay pag walang langis pa sa umaga ang front diffs. :D

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    it may not come from the front diff, diba naka free ang hubs mo when in 2wd mode so the ring and pinion does not turn inside. it could be coming from somewhere else.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Did you use the same Sae90, GL5 oil in the transmission and transfer case? The Y60 only needs a GL4 in the tranny since additives in a GL5 may do damage.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ARB::: Mukhang ugong ng diffs sa harap. It sounds like a car doing reverse on 10km/h.

jackaroo::: I did not notice the GL grade used. The oil came from Petron 90 gear oil.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
GEAR OIL: What do you use? 90 or 140 grade