New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Hi! I would like to ask for advice:

1. I accidentally scratched my door against a nail unseen against a dark and narrow passage. It's a a four-inch single white gash, which is pretty deep. Altho it's obvious it'll need a real paint job to fix it, what can I use to at least camouflage it for now? I think there's a tube-stick kind of application, but can that work for a deep gash? Or would that mess up the look of entire door that it's better off as is? Someone told me not to use rubbing compund either if it's just for a portion (not the whole door) and if i dont know how to expertly apply it.

2. Someone smeared paint on small part of my bumper (white paint vs dark car! i'm hesitant to scrape it off since it'll damage the car's paint-- is there any solvent i can use that can remove the paint without harming the car's surface?

3. lastly, everytime i start my engine, it's a hard start (3-5 ignition tries, then have to step on gas for a while) i had it checked twice, first i was told it was a battery problem. however, after i got a new one (and new spark plugs), the problem's still there. then i was told it was a valve toppet (?) problem, which i then had fixed during a tune-up, but the problem persists. in the end, i was just told it wasnt fixable, it's part of the car's normal working to have a hard start-- is the latter true or they just dont know how to fix the problem?

apologies for the kilometric questions, i didnt want to open individual threads for them to avoid cluttering the forum.

thank you very much in advance for whatever advice you can share!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    2. if the paint smear is small, try applying a rag dipped in warm/hot (but not boiling) water to the paint. it should soften the paint enough for you to scratch it with your fingernails. this is what i did when my car got flecks of paint when i parked beside a building which was being painted. when i got home, washed the car and used warm water on the paint flecks. should be done immediately before the paint hardens. no traces were left.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    How old is the car?

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    thanks wewoy. will try it.

redorange- 5 years

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    5years hard start na... i experience a hard start nung nasira yung waterpump ng oto.. check your temps bro.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by advan
    thanks wewoy. will try it.

redorange- 5 years
    Check your ignition wires, plug wires (if it wasn't replaced), distributor cap (if it still uses one).

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Kung natuyo na yun paint dun sa bumper, wet sanding it will take care of the blemish, tape mo lang yun side kung nasaan yun blemish para di madamay sa pag wetsand mo. I haven't really used the paint stick but it might be worth a try, although after applying that kailangan din ng konting polishing para pumantay yun kulay.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    jobski- thanks! and it's "sis"

redorange, seonadancing- ok, thanks very much! will research about that.

gashes, paints and engines