Nov 2007
    i'd just want to know when to do this.

tia

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by yudyin View Post
    i'd just want to know when to do this.

tia
    Regardless, plushing your gas tank to avoid contaminant that can harm your fuel system perhaps engine is a very good idea. Prevention is wise one. Do it!

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    when our 1976 galant underwent general overhaul during the mid-90's one of the mchanics pulled down the gas tank, dis-assembled it, and then removed approximately half a pail of dirt that had settled there since the 70's. no wonder it always had a bad carburetor. unbelievable how dirty some gas stations are back then.

i won't recommend you do the same to your 90's vehicle. and gas is so much better these days than say, gas from the 80's.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    i might do the same with our dodge colt 16L 1973. thanks for sharing.

saan naman ginagawa ito? sa suking gas station lang ba?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    kung simple drain lng pwede naman kahit sa gas station.

pero yung pull down at disassemble for internal scraping... dunno. dapat siguro sa professional techs. mahirap yun eh.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Most friendly neighborhood talyers can do this for uncomplicated vehicles. Pero kung mga newer models na mahirap baklasin better sa casa na lang or sa mga specialty automotive repair shops.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    great info guys. kelan ba dapat ginagawa ito?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    i guess pag pirming bumabara yung fuel filter mo.

medyo pressurised na yung mga tanks ng EFI cars these days, at marami daw links sa vehicle electronics, so proceed with caution.

dati naglakad lakad ako shop area ng honda QA nakita ko yung isang technician nililinis yung gas tank ng isang accord. the gas tank is made of 1 piece molded plastic,hindi 2 piece metal like the older cars. you may want to ask Nissan if they can do this for you.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    a friend of mine had his gas tank cleaned at a fuel station. he claims his car got additional hp (around 10 ata) after doing so. i don't know if there's any truth about it.

he paid 800 for the service. by the way, he drives an evo 5.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
gas tank cleaning, how to do this?