New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    hey guys, this problem started a few weeks back. naobserbahan ko lang na kelangan mas malalim ang apak ko sa gas pedal these days compared to a few months back. the pedal really feels soft when i step on it.

had the carb cleaned, replaced air filter, fuel filter, and fuel pump a few months ago.

im thinking baka-fuel-system related yung problem. pero walang leak anywhere like i had when my fuel pump went south.

ano ba parts na pwedeng magkaproblem sa fuel system? i wanna catch this sana before it totally breaks down on me. the car is a 95 corolla.

any ideas?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Pedal feel lang ba, or response? Try tightening up any slack in the cable and observe... if you're losing power, you might need to clean the carb again.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    dude
    check mu accelerator cable baka damage na

or not poperly place

nakaexperience na ko ng ganyan

matigas apakan accelerator un pala nakaliko ng bahagya ung pagkakabit sa cable wala sa align kya matigas

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    thanks for the replies.
    will check [and adjust] the cable and keep observing kung meron pa lumabas na problem.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    update: found out what the problem was.

the engine breather's air filter was already dirty. it was, in fact, too dirty that the engine couldn't breathe at all.

engine response and pedal feel went back to normal after i replaced the breather filter. heh, should've changed this when i replaced my air filter a few months ago.

Gas pedal symptom