New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    just put a block of wood under the accelerator if you want to save on fuel. Panapat din sa mga kups na smoke belching that revs your engine hanggan bumagsak sa emmision nila.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Talo yan sa GTOil!

Di lang pang kotse... pang tao din!
    190 proof, moonshine in disguise

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Power and fuel economy don't mix. Either give up one for the other. Can't have both of them, whomever is thinking that a Ferrari can blast down the highway with the fuel economy of a Vios must be high on glue or something.

That being said, nothing beats a well maintained and properly tuned engine. No excuses!

Now am just waiting for somebody to jump in on the bandwagon and sell their part of the fuel economy shindig of a story!

absolutely! you can not feed a weight lifter six strawberries and expect him to perform nor can you expect a female gymnast five pounds of steak just before competition. the bigger the engine, the bigger the appetite for fuel is.
    overcooling is still one of the biggest causes of fuel waste.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by daumingshirts View Post
    just put a block of wood under the accelerator if you want to save on fuel. Panapat din sa mga kups na smoke belching that revs your engine hanggan bumagsak sa emmision nila.

please do not attempt this idea. you are disabling the car's capability of collision avoidance or taking off away from hazards. also going uphill. in fact, chrysler products drops the charging system and the climate control when the throttle is at wide open throttle (WOT) and the transmission shifts to 2 gear to be able to accelerate quickly

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Maybe installing a Vacuum Gauge will help you to control your gas pedal. An abrupt drop of vacuum reading means your stepping too much on your gas pedal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBYVZLRyQjk"]Driving with a vacuum guage for fuel efficiency - YouTube

6. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    please do not attempt this idea. you are disabling the car's capability of collision avoidance or taking off away from hazards. also going uphill. in fact, chrysler products drops the charging system and the climate control when the throttle is at wide open throttle (WOT) and the transmission shifts to 2 gear to be able to accelerate quickly
    me automatic version pala yung style ko na pag-patay ng A/C pag paakyat sa matarik na lugar o kung gustong umarangkada ng mabilisan, like sa stoplight. then wait a few minutes bago buksan ulit. yan ang aking special Turbo button. press A/C-On and instant reserve power.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    The fuel nowadays have a balance of detergents to clean and additives to provide power and efficiency. What I think we should look out for are gas stations which have water contaminated fuel. This is were you should be using those treatments, find one which dissolves water, I personally use STP gas treatment it retails for 150 only, at the first sign of what I think might be water in gas( sini-sinok) I use one bottle and sometimes it takes 2 to 3 years before I even use one. Some talyer mechanics don't know this they would advise you to take down your fuel tank and dump the fuel in it when actually by using this you still can use the contaminated fuel. This is mostly used in cold weather countries because water in the tank and fuel lines will freeze when subjected to freezing temps and will make the engine difficult or unable to start.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123