New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    i've noticed for the past few days that the fuel gauge of the car that i'm driving is defective. it seems to fluctuate from full to empty and back to full again while driving. i'm very worried kasi baka maubusan na lang ako ng gas sa daan without noticing it.

how will i be able to know the true fuel gauge level that my car has if this happens everyday? what repairs are needed in order to have it in good condition and how much will it cost? thank you very much in advance!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by beereo View Post
    i've noticed for the past few days that the fuel gauge of the car that i'm driving is defective. it seems to fluctuate from full to empty and back to full again while driving. i'm very worried kasi baka maubusan na lang ako ng gas sa daan without noticing it.

how will i be able to know the true fuel gauge level that my car has if this happens everyday? what repairs are needed in order to have it in good condition and how much will it cost? thank you very much in advance!

beerio,
    what is the make, model, year of manufacture and mileage of your car? most fuel gauge sending units are ground type. this could mean that the wires leading to the sending unit between the instrument cluster and the fuel tank is intermittently grounding. another possibility is that the sending unit float keeps going up and down with the sloshing of the fuel everytime you accelerate or step on the brakes. check the former first
    jick

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    beerio,
    what is the make, model, year of manufacture and mileage of your car?
    1995 mitsubishi lancer. around 95,000

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    1995 mitsubishi lancer. around 95,000

ondoy victim?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    ondoy victim?
    oo pare. the car was totally submerged in water.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    oo pare. the car was totally submerged in water.

wiring connectors and harnesses are still wet giving you ghost electrical problems. unplug connectors and spray them with moisture removers like WD40 and pack suspected/involved connectors with petroleum jelly (vaseline) to prevent recurrence. lancer is mirage in the u.s. right?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    lancer is mirage in the u.s. right?
    i'm not sure with respect to the american market. but as far as i know, it is called mirage in other countries.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    i'm not sure with respect to the american market. but as far as i know, it is called mirage in other countries.

will give you the connector, wire insulation color code, and test procedure once i get to the software.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2009

beerio,
    there is a connector D11 with a yellow insulated wire at the left rear passenger foot well adjacent to and in front of the floor riser the rear seat is sitting on. the wire insulation to the fuel gauge sending unit are yellow and the ground side is black. disconnect the D11 connector and the conncetor to the instrument panel B12 or disconnect all connectors to the I/P to check if this yellow sending unit wire is grounded
    jick

10. Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Mirage hatch back 2013 automatic. Nagpafull tank ako tapos nagbyahe ako almost 60km and nagtaka ako pagdating ko sa bahay hindi nabawasan yung bar ng gasulina? Sira ba ito? Kasi before ako magpakarga ng gasulina half then nagfull naman yung guage. And now hindi pa din bumababa yung gauge.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
fuel gauge fluctuation