New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    mga sir tanong ko lng po:

sa tingin ko po kc medyo malakas n yta yung consumption ng ride ko e!due for a tune up/oil change na rin sya e

tanong ko lang po can a tune up /oil change do something about my gas consumption?pewede ko po b na irequest duns mechanic na iadjust yung mixture ng air at gas during tune up pra maging mas matipid sya sa gas?(nabasa ko po kc dati yun kso di ko so sure e)

btw ride po pala is 7G galant (medyo matakaw po to sa gas d b?)

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It's EFI, I don't know if there's a way a mechanic could adjust the mixture without an air-fuel controller.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

laki pala auto mo. have a religious tune-up, dapat be sure walang stuck-up ng brakes, bearings.... have a light foot.

and plan your trips!

kung di parin, benta mo, bili ka ng charade or norkis legacy.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by threx666 View Post
    mga sir tanong ko lng po:

sa tingin ko po kc medyo malakas n yta yung consumption ng ride ko e!due for a tune up/oil change na rin sya e

tanong ko lang po can a tune up /oil change do something about my gas consumption?pewede ko po b na irequest duns mechanic na iadjust yung mixture ng air at gas during tune up pra maging mas matipid sya sa gas?(nabasa ko po kc dati yun kso di ko so sure e)

btw ride po pala is 7G galant (medyo matakaw po to sa gas d b?)
    Big engines combined with big heavy chassis will end up with big time fuel consumption, especially in the stop/go traffic we have in metro manila. Even with religious vehicle maintenance, you can only save a few percent. It would be better to get another vehicle with a smaller engine & lighter body. Examples would be the Honda Jazz and Toyota Vios.

BTW, the only way a mechanic can adjust the air/fuel ratio of your engine is IF your engine already has had some modifications like a air-fuel controller (AFC) or fuel pressure regulator, etc installed. Even then, properly adjusting the a/f ratio requires instruments like oxygen meter and some amount of dyno tuning time.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    imho, you can't do anything about it. you're engine is big, and that's it.

ghosthunter is right, you'd have to do some modifications for you to alter a/f ratio. but the cost would negate whatever fuel savings you'll get.

so what's the solution? get an economy car (and sel your galant to me LOL ).

there are lots of sub-compact and compact cars in the philippines. there's even a sedan right now that runs on diesel with an advertised mileage of 37km/L.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    I'm guessing that you inherited the car, right?

If you did then you gotta sell it.

If you didn't, you also gotta sell it.

So that you can achieve your desired fuel efficiency

It's already 2007 so it's time for a newer ride with a better engine. It may not necessarily be brand new. Just fuel efficient.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
    I'm guessing that you inherited the car, right?

If you did then you gotta sell it.

If you didn't, you also gotta sell it.

So that you can achieve your desired fuel efficiency

It's already 2007 so it's time for a newer ride with a better engine. It may not necessarily be brand new. Just fuel efficient.
    if you'll sell your old car, you also conserve our environment. buying honda jazz or toyota vios can help you save money in the long run than by keeping our old wheels. maporma pa..

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    curious lang ako. ito ba iyong tinatawag na galant pating o rayban?

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Or, minimize the use of this car.

Fuel Consumption reduction?