New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Guys,
    Any effect ba sa engine kung nagpapagasolina (unleaded for my corolla 97) not in one gas station...Petron...Shell...please i need your comments on this. Salamat Po.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    walang effect kahit saang gasoline station ka pa magpa-gas, unless diesel ang ikarga mo..

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    wag lang sa paihi

4. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Ok ang yan, kahit halo halo pa caltex gold or silver tapos mag blaze or xcs.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by nickel68 View Post
    Guys,
    Any effect ba sa engine kung nagpapagasolina (unleaded for my corolla 97) not in one gas station...Petron...Shell...please i need your comments on this. Salamat Po.
    Generally there would be no effect to your engine unless the engine has be tuned to deliver higher levels of performance above factory ratings. The only things to look out for is gasoline stations with dirty or contaminated fuel tanks.

Contaminated fuel tanks would have some amount of water mixed with the gasoline. Dirty gasoline is caused by the gasoline station pumping from an almost empty storage tank, sucking up the muck from the bottom of the tank.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    these days i prefer the petron XCS. i get a better engine performance. and as always choose the gasoline stations with clean or better yet new fuel tanks.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by rufboxster View Post
    these days i prefer the petron XCS. i get a better engine performance. and as always choose the gasoline stations with clean or better yet new fuel tanks.
    for whatever the reason, my project car develops more horsepower on Shell V-Power than when it was running on Petron's Blaze.

Petron Blaze = 139whp (Speedlab dyno)
    Shell V-Power = 148whp (Speedlab dyno)

Fuel