New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    puede ba to sa 2.0 diesel turbo engines?
    washable ba un mga free flow filter?
    mahal kasi ng stock filter element ng ride ko.

advice naman please......

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup pwedeng pwede! anong car ba?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ssaloon
    yup pwedeng pwede! anong car ba?

Mitsubishi RVR sir.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pwede naman. Just use the stock piping. But remember that the OEM filter housing has safeguards against water ingestion and if I remember right, the RVR uses a cyclone housing that traps dirt in a catch pan (instead of holding everything in the filter).

Why don't you try using replacement filters? On my Pajero, Isuzu Elf filters pretty much work. I just have to transfer the white 'propeller' from the OEM filter to the Isuzu one.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP
    Pwede naman. Just use the stock piping. But remember that the OEM filter housing has safeguards against water ingestion and if I remember right, the RVR uses a cyclone housing that traps dirt in a catch pan (instead of holding everything in the filter).

Why don't you try using replacement filters? On my Pajero, Isuzu Elf filters pretty much work. I just have to transfer the white 'propeller' from the OEM filter to the Isuzu one.

thanks for the nfo sir otep,I'll just figure out the position kasi medyo limited space lang ang engine compartment.I'll try the Isuzu elf filter.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OEM replacement filters (like the ones from K&N) don't have the same "power adding" properties as cone type open element filters.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter
    OEM replacement filters (like the ones from K&N) don't have the same "power adding" properties as cone type open element filters.

ghunter
    ok lang ba sir un cone type na malaki ang filtration area para hindi sakal ang hangin kung full throttle ka? un cone type na mahaba?

ok kasi ung ganitong filter dahil washable not like the OEM type na magpapalit ka regularly,P1200 ang price ng OEM but the cone type only cost 900 ung malaki at puede mo pa magamit for 5 years daw.

free flow air filters.