So what's this "exhaust cleaning" that I've
    been reading about that's supposed to help
    you pass the LTO emissions test?
    How exactly is this done?
    Know of any gas stations or shops that
    can do this well?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You place your trusted water hose at the end of your exhaust pipe then fill her up with water til full. Then start the engine then rev your ol gas til all the water comes out. Repeat procedure til the exhaust pipe is clean of black soot.

Or...

Lagay ka "gripo" (pwedeng pakabit sa nearest muffler shop) sa harapan ng exhaust system then flush the gadamn soot off the pipes then start the engine to flush the water out. :D

Do this prior to Emissions Testing. Disadvantage ay madaling kalawangin exhaust pipes and muffler. :wink:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    WTF ... first time I've ever heard of this :shock::lol::lol::lol:

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    ay.. kakalawangin pala exhaust ko..

eh matagal ko nang ginagawa yan ahh..:evil:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    and besides, water can't remove soot... have you even tried scraping it from the tip of your tailpipe? kahit sandpaper hirap hehe...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    parang another urban legend siguro ng mga jeepney drivers

ang alam ko yung usok ang tsinecheck hindi yung laman ng tambutso

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Max: Well said hehe... kahit bagong exhaust pipes ang ikabit, kung di maganda ang burn ng fuel itim parin lalabas...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    this trick is for the diesel rides! )

practice ko din yan eh... bago ako nag pa-register nag flush din ako ng water sa exhaust pipe... tama si theveed... kung in the first place ay may problem ang setting ng engine mo eh talagang uusok pa din... but what this 'cleaning' is suppossed to do is at least minimize if not eliminate the black smoke that comes out coz of the soot that goes along with your exhaust gases! imho... ;)

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tama kayo diyan peeps....kadalasan ng nagpapa-service ng "muffler wash" sa station eh PUJ...temporary lang naman iyan...'ika nga sa Bisolvon ads, "to get rid of the cough, you must get rid of the phlegm" at para mawala yung black smoke kailangang gamutin yung makina (i-tune up/calibrate)...kahit alam nilang kakalawangin ang tambutso nila at pansamantala lang ito, kapag sinabi ng customer mo na gusto niyang pabugahan ng tubig ang kanyang tambutso ----------- the customer is always right ......

"Customer is King" - MIA Caltex

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I tried it in my pick-up for the first time since i got it two years ago. When we flushed water with some detergent(?), there was indeed a lot of sooth that came out (not black smoke). I guess it'll be effective if you do it around once a year or more just to get rid of some of the loose deposits that have built up over time.

Of course, a properly running and maintained engine is still the most important factor as the others have mentioned.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
EXHAUST CLEANING