New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2006
    sir, may alam ba kayong magaling na suzuki mechanic dito sa south? (sta. rosa)

4 months ago kasi dinala namin sya sa suzuki mandaluyong para ipa-check yung idling problem kasi sobrang erratic talaga. pero after 2 months nagflu-fluctuate na naman yung rpm at minsan namamatayan pa.

anong meron ba 'pag ganito nalabas sa exhaust?

http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/r...7/DSC00010.jpg
    http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/r...7/DSC00009.jpg

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Possible rich mixture yan

fuel systems problem?

Ipacheck mo muna sa mechanic mo para no guessing

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    Erratic idle can be caused by many things. When the car died it could very well been because the engine was running so poorly, but it also opens a whole separate door of problems. I wouldn't start there though. I'm not familiar with the model, but all engines need three things to run; spark, air and fuel. So I would suggest checking your air filter, spark plugs, wires, distributor assembly, fuel injectors, and fuel pressure. From there, specific parts that cause bad idle include emissions equipment, dirty throttle body, mass air flow sensor, throttle position sensor, idle air control valves, etc. Idle problems can be a huge headache. One easy thing you might do is start the car and go around to the tail pipe and feel the air coming out. If it comes in burst and car might be misfiring. Knowing that would be huge help in diagnosing the problem. Try feeling tail pipe air from a good running vehicle(suzuki)for comparison.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What model/make is your suzuki? Jimny, samurai, esteem or vitara? Fuel injected or carb? That black thing you see is carbon from the exhaust. This is a clue that you have unburn fuel or just a dirty exhaust pipe. In addition to what V6dreamer has posted, check your fuel tank for water and dirt.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    sorry, i forgot to indicate the model. its a 96 vitara fuel injected.

If it comes in burst and car might be misfiring.
    ganito ang nangyayari

btw, kakatunep up lang namin 4 months ago and had these parts replaced.

spark plugs
    air cleaner
    oil filter
    thermostat
    hose radiator(inlet, 2 outlet)
    valve, pcv
    cap, distributor
    high tension wires

saan ba yung airflow control sensor at throttle position sensor?

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    It will be near the front of the air intake tube or close to the throttle body. Its a square box. Mass air flow sensor, Like this:

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    mahal ba yang airflow control sensor? mukhang ito kasi ang sira eh

erratic idling