New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    as far as i know, the 'right' timing should be '10', however my mechanic says it's ok to have it set to '12' as this will give me a better response. i noted that after this was done, my fuel consumption increased, though this may also be caused by the air-fuel mixture on my carb and other factors... i'd like to have a second opinion whether i should readjust it to '10' again to regain my old fc... any thoughts?... thanks

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Dear dod:

Please check out this thread

"4K engine ano po bang magandang set-up (para matipid sa gas)"

Maybe that will help.

Regards,

Dusky Lim

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    thanks again... =)

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dod View Post
    as far as i know, the 'right' timing should be '10', however my mechanic says it's ok to have it set to '12' as this will give me a better response. i noted that after this was done, my fuel consumption increased, though this may also be caused by the air-fuel mixture on my carb and other factors... i'd like to have a second opinion whether i should readjust it to '10' again to regain my old fc... any thoughts?... thanks
    Dod,
    For a 2E engine, ignition timing varies on the fuel you use. I'd suggest 8 degrees BTDC if you're using unleaded 93+ octane fuel. 10 degrees btdc if you're using premium 95 octane fuel; and 11 or 12 degrees btdc if you're using 97 octane fuel.
    Have your carb re-check the adjustments of idle mixture and idle speed screw. And be sure your valve clearance should be correct.

Hope this helps.

engine timing for corolla 2e big body