New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I was wondering if some of the Elantra owners here have swapped their engines. I want to hear from you! What engine did you swap to and what did you do to make it fit?

Also who here has modded Elantras? What did you do and where did you have it done?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think pwede ata mga Mitsu engines i-swap into a Lantra. In one of Club Mitsu's previous EB's may dumating na naka Lantra and some of the members were saying the engine looks very familiar to Mitsu engines.

Also, I talked to George Apacible of MP Turbo and he said something like the Lantra's engines were in fact a 4G** of a Mitsubshi. If so, pwede ka magpalit ng engine. Not sure lang which batch of engines are applicable for the Lantra.

Pre 1997 model year cars that can be engine-swapped with for Mitsu's include the 2nd gen 4G63t, 4G93t and 1st gen 4G92 MIVEC.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What year Elantra came to the EB?

The Hyundai Beta engine, which is installed in Coupes/Tiburons and Elantras from 96-present have no relation to any of Mitsu's motors. Just wanted to clear that up.

Oh yeah, I can put a 4G63 in my car but it would not be bolt on.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    lantraluvr,

i think we discussed this topic before... anyways

the older elantras came with 4G61, 4G62, and 4G63 engines. if the chassis hasn't changed much, the old mitsubishi engines would still be a bolt-on, but you might need to have the engine support mounts.

the new elantra isn't being sold here. the official hyundai site is http://www.myhyundai.com.ph but the only vehicles on sale are the starex, the santa fe and the matrix.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    get a custom turbo na lang if you want to improve on performance

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I guess he wants a cheaper upgrade for power in his car. A turbo upgrade is more expensive than an engine swap kasi. And nitrous isn't as fun as having all that power all the time.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Splerdu: Yeah, I guess we did. But what I know is, it would be a PITA if you install a 4G63 in my car. Yeah, I know the newer Elantra isn't sold here. But I saw one already here.

ghosthunter: Actually, with the engine I plan to get, I plan to get around 300 hp w/ turbo. But I can't find that engine.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    i'm willing to bet the MP turbo has most of what you need.
    they were the ones who raced (and won a couple of races too) elantras in subic.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I need an engine. Do they have that? Last time I've checked, they have to order some from Korea. Also 160K for a used turbo kit? No thanks.

Does anyone have a 2.0 Hyundai Beta G4GF lying around? I want to buy one.

Engine swapped and Modded Elantras?