New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    hello po. sorry wala po ako masyado alam sa engine.

I own a b14 GTS manual.

Tanong ko lang if anyone among you might have an idea kung pwede palitan yung makina ng b14 from GA16dne to SR16ve? Can this be done? Would the Sr engine fit in without problems? Anu po ba dapat ko i-consider sa ganitong swap?

And meron na po ba nakagawa ng ganitong replacement? palit po ba pati transmission?

Also, meron po ba sa inyo may idea how much an SR16ve costs and kung san meron?

looking forward to your responses. thanks.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Wiring will be the number one issue, but the wiring of the SR16VE isn't that much different from the SR20, and there are a lot of electricians familiar with the basic swap.

The SR16 should come with its own transmission. Axles and motor mounts should bolt straight into the Sentra. If you're lucky, the speed sensor should be calibrated the same, too.

SR16s are expensive... I'd prefer an SR20DE (if this is your first swap ever)... or if you want a whole lot of power, an SR20VE.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Unless you have a specific reason why you want a SR16VE, I would suggest you go for a more common engine like a SR20DE or even SR20VE.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Ghosthunter and Niky

Salamat sa inputs. The only reason I want the SR16VE is that I want a powerful engine and still keep it economical. Im thinking that getting the SR20 might be heavy on the gas. Please correct me if mali po yung impression ko.

This would be my first engine swap for my gts. Am only thinking of replacing the engine since nalubog na rin lang sa baha and gagastusan ko na rin lang sya. BAsta hwag lang lang sana sobrang laki ng cost ng replacement.

Would you also happen to know how much an SR16VE costs? Hindi po ba mahirap ang parts?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    SR16VE is hard to find engine and cost expensive . If you want to know more about those SR motor visit Street Spec Shop in Banawe .They have project engine display like SR20VE, SR20VET,SR20DET and SR16VE and RB25DET ,RB26DET.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jayz01 View Post
    Ghosthunter and Niky

Salamat sa inputs. The only reason I want the SR16VE is that I want a powerful engine and still keep it economical. Im thinking that getting the SR20 might be heavy on the gas. Please correct me if mali po yung impression ko.
    Well, my B14 with SR20DE gets between 4 to 8 km/L depending on where I drive. 4km/L is in bad traffic that doesn't move much. 8km/L is driving like a bat out of hell from Manila to Subic in an hour. But I am sure I can do better than 8km/L if I wanted to take it slower but I wanted to drive slower, I would have taken my other car.

Given that, it is not any worst than the fuel consumption of a heavily modified GA16DE.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jayz01 View Post
    Ghosthunter and Niky

This would be my first engine swap for my gts. Am only thinking of replacing the engine since nalubog na rin lang sa baha and gagastusan ko na rin lang sya. BAsta hwag lang lang sana sobrang laki ng cost ng replacement.

Would you also happen to know how much an SR16VE costs? Hindi po ba mahirap ang parts?
    Ang price ng SR16 NEO VVL M/T 85,000
    here's the link: JDM Parts and Engines

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by speed unlimited View Post
    Ang price ng SR16 NEO VVL M/T 85,000
    here's the link: JDM Parts and Engines
    wala pa labor cost iyan.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Paps , Siguro kailangan mag Meet iyong pareho nating SR na makina. Tol ,thanks sa labor cost hindi ko na indicate at iba pang gastos para mapatakbo ang makina.

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    another option would be to go the sr20ve way. the sr20ve is cheaper compared to the sr16 and some components are interchangeable with the sr20de. expect about 100k for the complete swap including labor.

the fuel consumption will depend on how you drive the car.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Engine Swap - GA16DNE to SR16VE