New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    I have posted this in the diesel section, maybe I have place it in a wrong thread..kaya walang reply, ill repost it here again..

Bought a 1985 S10 chevy pick-up with original V6 engine replace it with a B2200 mazda turbo diesel engine, however it experience hi pressure on the diesel engine. we have add another auxuliary fan ganun pa din, we re place the auxilary fan sa ilalim still nag iinit pa din. the problem is pag nag over heat biglang numihinto makina. I have replace the radiator with a new 1 one, ganun pa din..I need advice. Im planning to sell the pick up less the engine. do u think the b2200 is not match with the pick-up. help! any referal from a good mekaniko?

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    things to look for:
    1. is your water spilling over to the reservoir?
    2. does the water from your radiator empties into the resevoir.
    3. do you see bubbles or foam forming in the radiator when you rev the engine without the radiator cap?

if all 3 above are present check your cylinderhead gasket. could have a leak between the water jacket and the chamber.

also check your themostat. it could be stuck.

good thing your engine dies when it overheats...or else your con rod bearings would seize.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    related sa post niyo afrasay, i filled up the coolant container ng paj namin to the full mark about 2 months ago or so. now it's almost at the bottom indicator, and i see a lot of dried up coolant near the top of the bottle sa labas...related na yan sa issue right?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    may times na when you look at the resevoir nasa low side siya ng marker sometimes nasa full coz water get siphon and return to it due to the pressure built-up sa radiator pag mainit and the pressurize cap opens it releases water to the resevoir and siphons it when it cools down. as long as there are no leaks ok ang cooling system mo.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    o baka naman nasobrahan ng rough roads yun pajero mo at nag spill na yun water ;)

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by afrasay
    o baka naman nasobrahan ng rough roads yun pajero mo at nag spill na yun water ;)
    er...hmmm...running 100-120 at edsa (SB and NB) counts?

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    things to look for:
    1. is your water spilling over to the reservoir?
    2. does the water from your radiator empties into the resevoir.
    3. do you see bubbles or foam forming in the radiator when you rev the engine without the radiator cap?

if all 3 above are present check your cylinderhead gasket. could have a leak between the water jacket and the chamber.

also check your themostat. it could be stuck.

good thing your engine dies when it overheats...or else your con rod bearings would seize.
    ok sir, ill check this 1 out..lets see if it will work. correct! its better the engine stops, it does not damage the connecting Rod. however the problem is when it stops sa EDSA it will create a massive traffic..

Thanks po

8. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    never use the car till the engine stops. ang sama nyan meaning di na nya kaya.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    naka aircon bah ito?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    what causes triggers the engine to stop during overheat?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Engine stops when overheat