New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    hi, peeps!

What do you think is the cause of the engine stopping at idle condition after a high-speed run ng lancer 96 glxi ko?
    Twice sa tollgate ng NLEX e namatay ang engine while waiting in line. Another occasion was nung huminto ako sandali sa shoulder ng Tipo-Subic expressway.
    Kapag dito naman sa metro e hindi nangyayari.

Kapapalit ko lang ng servo controller switch last august dahil yun ang sabi ng casa nung namatay sya one time and hindi na nagstart. Now, it seems like me ibang cause kasi andyan pa rin ang problem. Hesitant na ko dalhin sa casa for the same problem kasi nga mahal silla sumingil and hindi naman na solve.

I hope to get inputs from you gurus bago ko dalhin sa car shop. Also, if you can recommend a good shop for this kind of problem na rin, so much the better.

Maraming salamat.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I would have said IACV servo... sounds like the servo's overheating after quick runs.

But my case was similar... had a cracked throttle body gasket that was apparently expanding when hot, then when cooling down after a very hot run, it let in air behind the throttle, leading to rough idling and dying. Try having that checked.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    salamat, niky.

i'll try having it checked. . .

in your case, repair lang ba ang nangyari, or did you have the whole part replaced? mga magkano inabot, if the whole throttle body was replaced?

tia. . .

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Just had a new gasket fabricated.

There are a lot of other things it might be, but this is one of the msot inexpensive possibilities. Next in line would be your IACV or one of your sensors.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    sounds like you have a Vaccum Leak. and as Niky said, check your IACV gasket (and any sensors/gaskets around the Intake Manifold) and check all of the vaccum hoses.

aite, peace.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    thanks, niky, kbr. . .

i'll take note of your inputs. . .now in the stage of asking for reliable shops to take my car to. . .

peace. . .

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    It could be electrical sockets malfunctioning din, experience ko sa sa Lancer ko marami ng tumingin pati casa pero di nila masolve minsan pari aircon nawawala ang lamig. Had my electrical fixed and replaced all sockets doon lang tumino ang ride ko.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    halos pare-pareho sakit ng mitsu yung sa kapatid ko naman bumabagal after high speed, pahinga ng mga 20-30 minutes pwede na naman.

engine stops during idling after a high-speed run