New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Maki sali na lang po....

Hi guys... I kinda need your help/ opinions on this....I'm also not sure itf this is the right place or the transmission page...

I have a Mitsubishi RVR A/T 2.0Turbo Diesel.. which purrs like a kitten and hasnt given me any porblems whatsover.....

Last thurday I traveled to Baguio via SCTEX/TPLEX....towards the end of TPLEX.. the car suddebly felt like it didnt want to shift. We were at 100kms... and I was aiming to overtake ... was at about 3k RPM..when sudenly... the Tach vavered and the engine felt it was laboring.. and was about to shut down...I was able to bring the car to the shoulder where it died.

However, i was able to start it up immedietly.... this cycle cotinued until we got to Baguio City... I was like the vehicle would not shift and so we were crawling between 20 to 40 kph gong up. When the engine died.. I was able to restart it immedietly... the engine bulkhead also felt abnormally hot but my temp guage indicated normal.

At first I thought we were just overloaded..( well we were...) 4 adults and a child plus a lot of baggage.. but the same happened on our return trip minus 1 adult and the baggage. It seams having the aircon on minimizes the occurence... and it happened once again when I ws driving alone..

Some thing I'm considering:

a. The day before we left a "mechanic" series-ed" another battery to the vehicle when we were trying to repair another vehicle

b. The ATF fluid is about 6-8 months old

c. I transferred fuel from our van to the car before leaving.

I'm thinking it could be the ATF fluid may need to be changed or the fuel filter is already shot. Someone opinioned it could be the timing chain....

Eventually I'll be bringing it to the shop.... but is there anything anyone could suggest.. that I could DIY or at least narrow the search for the problem...

Thanks for any opinions...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    ^your ATF is just 6-8 months old. what's the recommended change interval from your owner's manual? sa A/T car namin, ATF change is every 80,000 km or 48 months, whichever comes first.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jaknjill View Post
    mga sirs.

car engine died instantly while driving. Prior to that wala naman pong signs of any problem. Nakatravel pa ako ng 5km tapos bigla na lang pagliko ko and downshift from second to first gear, biglang hirap na umarangkada. Pagshift ko to second gear ko the car was jerking a bit na then when I put in on 3rd gear mas unti unti nang di kumagat yung gas. I downshifted to 2nd then slowed down. Bumaba ng bumaba yung idling hanggang sa namatay na yung makina kahit nakatapak pa ako sa gas.

Thankfully nastart ko pa siya ulit kaya nakauwi ako, 1km away from where I stalled (2x ako namatayan along the way). Naka1st gear lang ako the whole time * 3000rpm kasi namamatay siya pag bumababa dun. When I got home, I tried to start it pero hindi na siya umandar.

Last July po pinacheck ko yung battery and sabi 200 amperes pa naman. Lights and radio still working when I turned the ignition on.

Umiilaw yung battery and engine oil lights. Clogged fuel system po kaya? I replaced the fuel filter *65tkm.

My car's a 2004 honda city vtec po, manual transmission, 80tkm.

Ano po kayang problem?

not enough facts and information to make a case. this will result in too many guesses. this can result in too many good parts replaced. this can get waaaaaayyyyy too expensive guess and hope repair approach

4. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    na check mo naba ang fuel pump mo sir? parang kulang ang supply ng fuel.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

5. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    same lang po tayo sir ng sira... i am planning to have it checked today.. same model but mine is honda city 2004 idsi manual tranny... question lang po magkano po ang pagawa ng fuel pump?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Dati nangyari sa akin namatayan nasa hiway pa at di pa nag start agad advice sa akin ng casa yung sa quality fuel, air / fuel filter.
    From there I gas up in shell o caltex then every 5kms i replaced air & fuel
    Filter. Until now I never experience it anymore.....

FYI : 2010 Nissan navara 4x2

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123