New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    magandang umaga po,
    inquire po ako ng engine replacement for my Lancer GL 97, carborator type kasi.
    I want to change it to 16V/1.6GLXi, pede kaya ito?
    Aside from the engine, anong parts pa ang papalitan or idagdag?
    how much kaya the budget for total replacement?

malakas na kasi sa gas yung GL 97 ko, kahit laging change oil & bilis maubos ng engine oil. bakit kaya po?

hope you guys can help me out here,

thanks a lot, btw i'm a newbie.

eula

2. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    yes you can change it only diffenrence would be the engine supports. Plus you need to find a mitsubishi engine that has the driver side all the betls. In the older engines its all in the passenger side.
    My opinion its still better to have your 1.5 overhauled at least you know that everything inside is new. I had owned both the lancer GL and GLXi both have almost the same fuel consumption but the GLXi uses a bit more.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    baliktad... old mitsu engines (e.g. 1st gen 63T) have the timing belt on the driver's side. the pizza has a reverse orientation, belts on the passenger side.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    4G15 DOHC for Lancer 97 - 01 binebenta [size=7]dito[/size]

thought this might help

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I recently replaced the 4g92a engine in my 97 Lancer Pizza GLXi. Mas matipid ang sasakyan ngayon kaysa nuon. Pareho lang ang lakas ng makina. Na ondoy kasi ito. Napa-andar matapos ang ondoy pero nasira na rin ang ECU. Ang gastos ko sa ECU pareho lang sa pagpalit ng makina. So palit makina. Hanap ka lang nga sariwa pa.

engine replacement for my mitsu lancer GL