New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2013
    Hi guys I will be restoring an old mustang soon and I was considering changing the engine to a Nissan engine.
    The RB26DETT like in Tokyo Drift is not on the list because it is hard to install and will need lots of custom brackets and it's hard bringing it from a 4wd Skyline to a 2wd Mustang.

So... any Nissan engines you would recommend?

*I chose Nissan engines because of experience with a power eagle which is 15yo+ and the engine is running fine it could even carry a cow in the back with no problems... (We've actually tried it) even though it was hit multiple times.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Since you will be restoring it. Why don't you put the original mustang engine and set up the engine as well from there?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mustang is a classic car and it would have more value if you plug in a v8 engine. Yes sure you can put a Nissan engine in it but its just too Hollywood.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by MDonato View Post
    Hi guys I will be restoring an old mustang soon and I was considering changing the engine to a Nissan engine.
    The RB26DETT like in Tokyo Drift is not on the list because it is hard to install and will need lots of custom brackets and it's hard bringing it from a 4wd Skyline to a 2wd Mustang.

So... any Nissan engines you would recommend?

*I chose Nissan engines because of experience with a power eagle which is 15yo+ and the engine is running fine it could even carry a cow in the back with no problems... (We've actually tried it) even though it was hit multiple times.
    Konti lang naman yun marerecommend mong Nissan engines eh. If not for the famous RB26DETT, you can also look for the Silvia's SR20DETT. Personally, I'll go with their VQ engines notably the VQ35 used in Infiniti G25 models (well, same lang naman ata yun laman ng Nissan Altima if you want to rip that out).

I think you're limiting yourself too much. Why not try to source an original mustang engine? If it's hard to find, then find something more accessible but still retains the old school feel. Something like a Corvette's LS line of engines should be on top of your list.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Rear wheel drive yan di ba? Lagyan mo ng diesel engine.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Its an investment but try sourcing your parts from here:

M-6007-X302E Mustang Ford Racing Crate Engine Boss 302 Cubic Inches 340Hp | CJ Pony Parts

Just look at this beauty!

7. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    That's kinda funny - a muscle car with JDM exhaust note.
    Why don't you just have the original engine rebuilt?