New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by LetsRolla View Post
    Hello, well I tried cleaning then pulling the spark plugs one by one and the engine ran rough, so it should be ok. I did notice that whenever I turn off the engine for a long time, lets say overnight, it significantly has problems running and it hesitated at 1.5k to 2k rpm, but after the engine warmed up already, its already running fine, thats why its so hard to determine the problem because you need to inspect the problem after the engine has cooled enough. Some say its the carb, some say its the idle and f/a mixture and I really have no idea whats going on. Thanks :D
    good morning lets rolla!

your engine should be ok at around 600rpm on idle (via tachometer). the power system of the carb might be at fault then. this system is responsible for feeding the engine with ample air/fuel mixture at 2k rpm and above by opening a secondary barrel...the idle system of the carb can only handle up to about 1k rpm until it recruits the power system to attain a smoother running engine..(when you rev up to increase ground speed for example)

unless you have a leaking carburetor...gaskets, hoses...and other issues (like ignition timing!) your engine should be fine under normal operating conditions except for the tapping sounds you hear which i suspect is in the engine itself (valves, springs, etc)..
    have it checked by an experienced mechanic so the problem is corrected at the soonest possible time to avoid further damage. it's kinda hard to pinpoint the problem without actually inspecting the engine.hope this helps a bit...

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mangdencio View Post
    good morning lets rolla!

your engine should be ok at around 600rpm on idle (via tachometer). the power system of the carb might be at fault then. this system is responsible for feeding the engine with ample air/fuel mixture at 2k rpm and above by opening a secondary barrel...the idle system of the carb can only handle up to about 1k rpm until it recruits the power system to attain a smoother running engine..(when you rev up to increase ground speed for example)

unless you have a leaking carburetor...gaskets, hoses...and other issues (like ignition timing!) your engine should be fine under normal operating conditions except for the tapping sounds you hear which i suspect is in the engine itself (valves, springs, etc)..
    have it checked by an experienced mechanic so the problem is corrected at the soonest possible time to avoid further damage. it's kinda hard to pinpoint the problem without actually inspecting the engine.hope this helps a bit...

Hello sir, I suspect a leaking carb/vaccum line or a part of the carb that is faulty, as for the tappet well I just talked with the local machine shop the cheapest quote is 4.5k in labor and 1.8k in parts (overhaul kit including gaskets, etc) Thanks, I'll try to resolve the carb issue next weekend hopefully before elections, I hope fiday/saturday is payday though :D

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Hello sir, I suspect a leaking carb/vaccum line or a part of the carb that is faulty, as for the tappet well I just talked with the local machine shop the cheapest quote is 4.5k in labor and 1.8k in parts (overhaul kit including gaskets, etc) Thanks, I'll try to resolve the carb issue next weekend hopefully before elections, I hope fiday/saturday is payday though :D
    good luck with the carb!you ought to find another shop, medyo mahal sya compared dito sa banawe and sa abad santos that charge around 3- 3.5 k...and for the kit, you can find cheaper ones here in soler and masangkay sa binondo.have a nice day!

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    good luck with the carb!you ought to find another shop, medyo mahal sya compared dito sa banawe and sa abad santos that charge around 3- 3.5 k...and for the kit, you can find cheaper ones here in soler and masangkay sa binondo.have a nice day!

Hello again, soler and masankay?, whats the name of the shop sir, do they have any contact no.? My friends always point me to mang Ado's in QC but I cant seem to find the shop :D Thanks

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Hello again, soler and masankay?, whats the name of the shop sir, do they have any contact no.? My friends always point me to mang Ado's in QC but I cant seem to find the shop :D Thanks
    soler and masangkay shops for cheap engine parts...abad santos for engine rebuilding...will get the name and contact nos. asap pag dumaan me abad santos...may i ask san ka ba malapit?kasi i would suggest you bring it to a shop near you where you'll be allowed to observe (if you've time to spare) it will be nice experience...

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    soler and masangkay shops for cheap engine parts...abad santos for engine rebuilding...will get the name and contact nos. asap pag dumaan me abad santos...may i ask san ka ba malapit?kasi i would suggest you bring it to a shop near you where you'll be allowed to observe (if you've time to spare) it will be nice experience...
    Hello, Im based in Makati :D

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    sir, would greatly appreciate the name and contact no. of the shop in soler and masangkay coz i'm planning to have a top overhaul for my engine.

mas mura ba dito kesa sa banawe or evangelista?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Engine problems...help please!