New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gud pm. I have this 2nd hand 96 mitsubishi lancer glxi. It seems that my Oring is leaking oil. Where should I have this checked? thanks!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    any repair shop should be able to do that for you. pero madami oring so have them find it muna and give you an estimate.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    do u have any suggestions on a shop who specializes in mitsubishi esp lancer for engine check(except casa). I also need to have tints, ECRs, and I plan to buy new mags. i even plan to to have my interior changed.thanks!

4. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    kudil tignan mo sig ni speedyfix nandyan yun address ng shop

5. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    we can do the repairs pero we really don't sell accessories

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    H20 fr my radiator evaporates. I replaced d radiator cap but still it easily evaporates. i brought it to a talyer and they removed my thermostat. OK lang ba yun? they said thermostat is only for cold countries. any effects on the engine if removed? thanks

7. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    If the talyer mechanic says thermostats are only for cold countries, that mechanic does NOT know his job. The thermostat regulates the engine temperature. If the temperature gauge points to the middle, that is perfect. Some car owners think that if that happens, the engine is overheating. Not true.

In the morning when you start the car, the temp needle will be at the left-most side then slowly moves up till it gets to the middle then it stops moving further to the right. If it continuous moving to the right, you have a problem. Radiator may not be working, leak in the radiator/cooling system, low/no oil, radiator fan and/or secondary fan (aircon fan) not working, etc.

Thermostats can get bad/faulty. Replace but NEVER remove. Its bad advice to remove.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Effect on engine?

The engine will not attain the optimum engine temperature. A cold engine will not deliver the correct hp, will consume more fuel (compared to a warmed-up engine), engine oil circulation is sluggish, among others.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    bad idea. replace it as soon as possible.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Thanks for the advise. So how much is a thermostat? any brands or kind specific for mitsubishi 96 glxi? where do i get one? m getting one early tomorrow. thanks again!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Engine problem