New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    is it ok to mix engine oil of different viscosities/brand? sometimes when we add oil to our car, the added oil isnt the same brand and viscosity of the one used for change oil. thanks in advance

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Tried once nag mix ako ng mineral oil sa synthetic ko.. pero bilis nangitim kaya ....

For better performance change oil and use prescribe viscosity .

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    It shouldn't effect the engine at all, as long as you use the same approved viscosity.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    i read somewhere that this is a no-no. synthetic and mineral based oil has different properties and formulations regardless of their viscosities.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    I wouldn't do it

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    me too. pero mineral-mineral, synthetic-synthetic ok lang.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Never mix oils like mineral and synthetic specially with different viscosity.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    afrasay, but if you mix two mineral oil, for example one is an SAE 40 and one is a 20W-50, would that be ok?

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I wouldn't recommend mixing between synthetics and natural oil, but then again they got this oil called Blend which is a combination of both. But mixing different viscosity shouldn't pose any problem as long as they within the specified gravity (viscosity) recommended for your vehicle. Most vehicle has a viscosity range of 0W-30, but if currently you are using 10W-30, but needed to top-off of your reservoir and the store only have 5W-20 or 30W, then you are still within specified range. Brand shouldn't matter either, they'll have to pass the same standard that given by the governing body, its just the detergent that added by the different company that is set them apart. I hope this clear a little bit.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kahit mag ka iba ng Brand basta pareho mineral or pahero Systhetic Ok lang..

Wag mo lang pagsamahin yung Minola at Mobil hehehe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
engine oil question